In Toronto from march 8-14 for conference then....
I will be in Philly in April and would love to hang out with someone local for coffee and a walk. Im staying in the Business district! Would love to know some great hole in the wall places to eat!! Tea, Coffee, or some weird concoction will be on me :P
Hope youre open, forward-thinking and just decent and down to earth :)
I don't do PRETENTIOUS or ARROGANT or PHONY or PRIMA DONNAS :) Ive met you all. Prefer Smart, sophisticated and thoughtful :) I am also weary of people who wear their privilege. Of you dont understand, then ask me. :) I am one very honest, thoughtful person. :)
CAVEAT: It has been a tough heart-wrenching few months. I am enjoying meeting people and good conversations.
It would be nice to meet someone who is grounded and adventurous!!! I'm looking for conversation, integrity, laughter, and intensity-women who are not tied to conventional mores. Anything else is just too much as I try to navigate the universe once more.
HOPES-Looking for intelligent, down to earth and women who are non-conformists.I'm interested in learning about places to visit, restaurants, sites and holes-in-the-wall to eat! If you know a place, then please drop me a line!
I LOOK at many profiles regardless of age but prefers maturity and intelligence! There is a fake sense of people on here and I am hoping to talk to women who have depth no matter what age!! If I was looking at your profile and gave you stars it meant I liked what you wrote or something really stood out. I tend to stay away from cynics and phonies. But it can be hard to make the first introduction! So please say hello back!!!!
1. What was your all time favorite movie growing up?
2. What band/singer did you dress like when you were younger?
3. Your Worse date ever!!!!
4. Favorite Ice Cream flavor!
Please, please, please:
1. have a sense of humour/humor
2. have a world view
3. be intelligent, thoughtful, modern
4. be crazy, be positive, be loved
5. no matter how you paint it- don't DISCRIMINATE: racism is racism. Be open to the incredible variety that makes up this planet. Don't just talk the talk about social justice but understand the difference between equality and equity
6. Sarcasm is disguised anger. Yes it can be funny but if youre sarcastic all the time please keep moving :)
HANG OUT- My fave thing is to introduce or be introduced to great food from hole-in-the-wall restaurants. So even if u don't want to meet but read my profile and know a great hole-in-the-wall please tell me. I'm open to trying!!!
(as an aside, I am always amused that people who are so highly accomplished and educated can also be so bitter). Hoping to chat with people who only have a little bitterness....
OKC ODDITIES!! LOL (can you answer?)
---------------There are all tongue in cheek!!
1. Does anyone had a bad side on this site?
2. Why is everyone some form of artist/writer/musician on here?
3. Why do women take pictures of their feet? LOL
4. Why do women mention that their hair color is this picture is now blonde/red/black when its pretty obvio............
5. Does any parent not think their kid is awesome? :)
6. Why the Charlie's Angel pose?
7. Why are you hugging a tree?
8.Why does every woman seem to have a plethora of model shots? :)
9. What are you saying when you include a pic just of your pet? :)
10. How come ONLY women seem to "accidently" make a mistake when they're putting in their age? :) (what is the equivalent for the men I wonder? :P )
I am Canadian but born in the Caribbean-Sun, Beach, Mango, Coconut
Last year I was in Toronto Canada, teaching at a University. Before that, I lived in New York City (Gramercy, East Village and Astoria, Queens)doing post-grad work, but during that time. I returned to Toronto to spend time with my mother who was terminally ill and care for father. Previous to that, I also lived and worked in Japan and would love to chat with someone who has traveled and lived overseas.
Hey you made it this far! That PRIZE latte is just around the corner!