2013 To Do/Goals/Resolutions/Words-to-live-by:
1. Take a specialty/regional cooking class. Use these newfound skills to lay off the takeout.
2. Become a better photographer. Take more photos.
3. Write longhand more frequently.
4. Watch less TV; read more; get away from fiction and read more non-fiction.
5. Pass both the salt and pepper, even if only asked for one.
6. Never leave anyone hanging on a high-five.
7. Go to Storm King and the Donald M. Kendall sculpture gardens.
8. Drink more water; take vitamins and omega-3 pills.
9. De-glue from the iPhone; don't be a slave to the noise; notice your surroundings; look up every once in a while.
10. Go see more live shows/concerts but don't pay over $30 for a ticket; Go to all the little/off-the-beaten-track museums in NYC.
11. Stroll around Fort Tyron park.
12. Never run for another plane again. It's impossible to ever look cool while doing so.
13. Work on a cool art project.
14. Play more basketball.
15. See more movies. Foreigns and classics. Documentaries. Stop supporting stupid movies by giving them money at the box office.
16. Start listening to your peers (and start by finally watching The Wire and Arrested Development).
17. Don’t take life for granted. Enjoy the simple things in life. Like your good friends. And afternoon naps. And a killer jukebox. And unearthing a great book.
18. Take a phenomenal trip somewhere (Iceland/Argentina/Turkey). With someone. Unplugged. With a Hemingway novel.
19. Never shake anyone's hand sitting down.
20. Take a mixology course; learn more about scotch.
21. Realize that if a street performer makes me stop walking, I owe him/her a buck.
22. Ski really hard one long weekend (if it ever snows).
23. Don't respond to anything angrily without taking a few pondering steps back first.
24. Kiss my next girlfriend.
25. Not kiss anyone else.
I listen to a lot of rock and indie, and I love going to see live shows. If you have laughed at Scrubs or a Wes Anderson movie, then we probably have similar senses of humor. Hopefully you like to ski/board, surf, or both. But if not, you think it'd be fun to give it a whirl. I love art museums, and can spend all day in one. I love mid-century modern furniture, and am starting to build up a collection of vintage pieces. I love my Mac, and recently converted my folks. I always put the toilet seat down. I habitually get lost in Ikea's.
I'm not the pickiest person in the world, but I know what I like, and I am sure that you know what you like. Now it's your turn (yep, I know the difference between "your" and "you're," and "two," "too" and "to," too!)...