Find better matches with our advanced
34 • Berkeley, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 25–38
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Today – 6:13pm
- 5′ 9″ (1.76m)
- Body Type
- Agnosticism, and laughing about it
- Graduated from university
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English, Spanish (Poorly)
On the personal front, after dealing with and figuring out a lot about myself during my twenties, the past couple years I've been looking more at what's ahead and deciding what I would like out of life, and potentially what I'd like out of a partner to share some of that with. Not there yet but I've figured out a lot more about myself and both what I have to offer, as well as what I'm looking for in someone else going forward. Fortunately, I've found I'm also In no particular rush to get anywhere though, just trying to just be patient and enjoy the ride.
Also, I've been focusing a lot more on my health, eating and exercising, somewhat all of the sudden being conscious that my meat sack has an expiration date and that I want to keep it in as good a shape as possible for as long as I can.
Here's my accompanying theme song that fits here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=841Du4DHFso
Thinking about problems and scenarios from multiple perspectives and being able to appreciate the different nuances involved in the different actions, communications, and potential conflicts between multiple parties.
I usually possess, what has been referred to by others, as "super-human levels of patience."
Using my hyper-metabolism to produce way too much excess body heat, which has it's uses as either a hand-warmer or as a thermal blanket. (Seriously, why do SO many of you ladies have such cold hands?)
I'm fully confident that my pasta carbonara is better than yours.
Also, if just left alone and just casually observed, I'm undoubtedly going to do or say something (possibly to myself) in a manner that just a bit off-kilter when left to my own devices.
Movies- I really like movies of most kinds, though I don't get out to as many modern films as much, but I love me some Netflix. Some that randomly come to mind that I really enjoy: Dr. Strangelove, The Big Lebowski, Usual Suspects, In the Loop, The Blues Brothers, Slacker
TV- Arrested Development, Parks & Rec., Freaks & Geeks, Wilfred, Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Louie, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, The Daily Show, Last Week Tonight, etc.
Podcasts- Democracy Now!, This American Life, Dan Savage, Judge John Hodgeman, Jordan Jesse Go!, Radiolab, Risk!, Men in Blazers, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Music- Hardly an exhaustive list, but here's a reasonable cross-sample of my tastes I would think: The Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, Miles Davis, Muddy Waters, The Velvet Underground/earlier solo Lou Reed, David Bowie, Grateful Dead, James Brown, Bob Dylan, Spirit, Pavement, Talking Heads, Pixies, Phish, De La Soul, Pulp, Primus, Silver Jews, Medeski Martin & Wood, Cornershop, Kula Shaker, Jurassic 5, Beastie Boys, Radiohead, Luna, Galaxie 500...
Food- I'm open to a lot of things, but being out here I have been able to learn and come to a new appreciation for what an experience good sushi can be like.
- First off free education, health care, housing and public sponsorship of the arts. I'm definitely a dictator of the benevolent sort.
- Golf? Sorry it's over folks, all existing courses will be converted in time into public parks or however otherwise deemed to be best utilized by locales, and we won't mindlessly waste so much water, just so that people have a nice place to hit and chase a little white ball.
- As much as I value freedom of expression, and the arts in general as described earlier...I couldn't wait to institute my own brand of censorship and black-listing to things that are either awful or lacking any artistic value. I dare to dream of a world devoid of Nickelback, and other monstrosities; my leadership will bring it about.
- To the pets of my people, I have not forgotten about you my furry friends, for I shall end an indignity which too many of you have had to suffer: there will be no more dressing up of dogs and cats in cute outfits SOLELY for the amusement of their human companions! This injustice will end on my watch, full stop.
- These *magical* crosswalks that they have out here in California? Abolished! No more of this. Please Californians, just teach yourselves and others to jaywalk effectively like everyone else in the universe. Out of disorder comes a greater order, I promise.
- Taco Tuesdays! Because seriously, who doesn't want a good taco?
If we can get artificial intelligence to get to feel emotions, will it ever get depressed enough and just turn it's own power off?
Does Bono just feel more generally comfortable in wind tunnels, or is that where he hangs out generally in real life? Did he have one built inside his Irish mansion?
Why does it seem like so many podcasts, which are by far most often consumed in a passive setting, start with some sort of upbeat intro music with some kind of funky bassline or horns section that comes in during the bridge section? (No matter how many times you try Democracy Now!, I'm not going to dance along with you...or at least ever admit to it.)
Or...you want to or something. :)
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue
meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking
your Spam folder.