I am bisexual, polyamorous, sex-positive/consent-positive, feminist, and introverted. I am a programmer (excuse me, Software Engineer), a cyclist when convenient (and a bus commuter when not), a lapsed archer, and a crafter. I grew up in Colorado, bounced back the west for a while, moved to Seattle in 2010, and love it here enough to settle down. I like the combination of a city compact and populous enough to have real conversations about density and transit, yet close enough to wild lands that environmental concerns are kept visible.
Listening without judging. Keeping secrets and promises. Erring on the side of not being creepy.
Indecision. Staying home.
Comics: Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Sex Criminals. Anything That Loves, Girl Genius, xkcd, Narbonic/Skin Horse, Order of the Stick, Homestuck, Digger, Something Positive, Girls With Slingshots.
Movies: Pacific Rim, Wreck-It Ralph, Moulin Rouge, Amélie, Wall-E.
Shows: Welcome to Night Vale, The Hidden Almanac, Life on the Swingset, Polyamory Weekly, Radiolab.
Board games: Dominion, Race For The Galaxy, Roborally, Illuminati, Cards Against Humanity (in small doses). Anything new.
Music: SJ Tucker, Heather Dale, The Doubleclicks, Marian Call, The Pirates Charles, VNV Nation, Jimmy Eat World, Barenaked Ladies.
Food: Anything I've never had before. If I'm cooking for myself, baked pasta, pizza, stew from the slow cooker. Fresh homemade bread. Pie.
- A large, warm bed, and eight hours of sleep. If you think I'm distant when I'm well-rested, you should see me when I haven't slept enough. (P.S. Cuddling is a more-than-acceptable substitute for sleep.)
- Time alone, or near enough. If I don't feel comfortable with silence in your presence, I will want time away from you. Don't take it personally.
- Intellectual stimulation. Jigsaw puzzles, board games, word or logic puzzles, something meaty to read.
- A lifestyle that doesn't rely on an automobile. The less I can drive the better ... even though I enjoy driving. I've also been getting more comfortable on a motorcycle.
- Something to do with my hands. Knitting, chainmaille, reading, cooking, video games, something new.
- (bonus item) The occasional dose of good-natured absurdity.
I paint my toenails, but never wear open-toed shoes.
... we have more than 80% match and you want to chat over Awkward Coffee.
... you have a space open in an RPG group.