My most recent adventure was a 2 week trip to Germany for Oktoberfest and then Italy. After hearing a great quote by Benjamin Franklin- "Write something worth reading or do something worth writing about" I bought a plane ticket there and went not knowing another soul for 3k miles. I made no plans other than to said yes to everything that crossed my path and couldn't have planned a better trip if I had tried.
I grew up in the Midwest and like to think I have a strong set of Midwest values mixed with coastal intellect. I have a great relationship with my family even though they are a thousand miles away.
I’ve always been into sports. I wrestled all through high school and college, but since moving to LA I’ve had to find some new sports. I run a competitive adult kickball league in Hollywood on Monday nights. We have over 350 players in our league alone. Kickball has been the single best thing I've done since moving to Los Angeles, and I'd recommend it to anyone. And at this point I'm actually paid ($) to play kickball so that's kind of cool.
My idea of something fun we could do together...
1.Buy two disposable cameras and Dress up like over the top tourists and take a starline bus tour of Hollywood. Points for whomever can take the best photos.
2. Spike some lemonade and go draw a silly/lewd murals with chalk on some sidewalks.
3. Make some crazy protests signs (like "Only the devil drinks soy milk" And stand at Hollywood and Highland protesting. We'd need to bring more signs and hand them out to try to grow our movement.
4. Take a historical tour of Downtown's Art deco architecture and have a picnic in Pershing square.
5. Croquet in the Huntington library Shakespeare garden.
6. Drunken Frisbee Golf.
7. Backpack LA- Stay in a LA hostel for a weekend and pretend to be tourists.