• I like the movie, “Lost in Translation.” I like it because it’s
beautiful, because not one Bill Murray line falls flat, because
it’s complex in an interesting way, and because it proves that you
do not need a story to make a great movie.
• I'm looking for a longer term thing. Causal dating has lost its
charms. It would be great to close this account down.
• I do not like drama. Unless it’s in the bedroom. In the bedroom,
a little drama can be a good thing.
• I am basically agnostic. I believe there is a God, but do not
think he/she/it is some sort of super-charged human being. My view,
big picture wise, is we only have the vaguest idea of what’s going
on, and that things are probably better than we imagine. If you're
into organized/group religion, I am probably not for you.
• What I’m listening to right now: Simon Joyner, Jolie Holland,
Neko Case, Shannon and the Clams, Zoe Keating, Otis Taylor, Rolling
Stones, Hot Club of Detroit, Townes Van Zant, The Clash, Nobunny,
• My idea of a great evening is to share a bottle of rich red wine
– a good Syrah, Petite Sirah, Brunello, etc. – with a fun girl.
Drinking champagne in a hot tub with a view of the ocean is way up
there, too. Live music is always great, too.
* I like books. Real ones with covers and pages. I also like
bookstores like Green Apple on Clement. I think it's sad they may
be gone soon. Shopping for books on Amazon just doesn't cut if for
* I like film festivals, especially the Film Noir festival at the
Castro. I like silents, too. I also like science fiction movies;
e.g., “Blade Runner,” “District Nine,” “Tank Girl.”
• My proficiency at Scrabble is low. If you are a Scrabble-freak,
you will be disappointed and frustrated.
What I’m doing with my life
Trying to be a good son, brother, friend, lawyer,
member-of-the-community, etc. And trying to locate the love of my
life, or at least someone fun to hang out with.
I’m really good at
I make a mean cioppino. And pretty good hummus.
The first things people usually notice about me
No idea. Hopefully, my charm and wit. Probably my sexy smokey blue
eyes. :-) Ok, maybe not.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
See bullets above. Delillo's "White Noise" is way up there. I grew
up reading a lot of Kurt Vonnegut. Good or bad, he's largely to
blame for my sense of humor.
The six things I could never do without
Um, oxygen? My mom and dad? Without whom I never would have
existed? ... Avocados?
I spend a lot of time thinking about
What it's all about. And how can I make things better?
On a typical Friday night I am
Could be anything. If it was a tough week, I might be at home
reading with a glass of wine and planning to turn in early. Or I
might be at a live music venue. Or out to dinner with a friend.
You should message me if
You're a nice, level-headed person looking for someone fun to hang
out with and make plans with. You're looking for love and
companionship, but wouldn't mind if some hot sex was in the mix as