• I'm looking for a longer term thing. Causal dating has lost its charms. It would be great to close this account down.
• I do not like drama. Unless it’s in the bedroom. In the bedroom, a little drama can be a good thing.
• I am basically agnostic. I believe there is a God, but do not think he/she/it is some sort of super-charged human being. My view, big picture wise, is we only have the vaguest idea of what’s going on, and that things are probably better than we imagine. If you're into organized/group religion, I am probably not for you.
• What I’m listening to right now: Simon Joyner, Jolie Holland, Neko Case, Shannon and the Clams, Zoe Keating, Otis Taylor, Rolling Stones, Hot Club of Detroit, Townes Van Zant, The Clash, Nobunny, Gillian Welch.
• My idea of a great evening is to share a bottle of rich red wine – a good Syrah, Petite Sirah, Brunello, etc. – with a fun girl. Drinking champagne in a hot tub with a view of the ocean is way up there, too. Live music is always great, too.
* I like books. Real ones with covers and pages. I also like bookstores like Green Apple on Clement. I think it's sad they may be gone soon. Shopping for books on Amazon just doesn't cut if for me.
* I like film festivals, especially the Film Noir festival at the Castro. I like silents, too. I also like science fiction movies; e.g., “Blade Runner,” “District Nine,” “Tank Girl.”
• My proficiency at Scrabble is low. If you are a Scrabble-freak, you will be disappointed and frustrated.