This is where I'm at: http://markmanson.net/fuck-yes
For the first 16 years of my life, I refused to accept anything other than heavy metal as music. Then, one day, I was not angry anymore. And my tastes changed.
Similarly, for the past few years, I've been avoiding anything that might look like a serious relationship. Recently, I've gone soft. I want a partner. Not necessarily a wife. But a proverbial "ride or die chick." Someone to be gratuitously nice to, cuddle with excessively and hop on planes and disappear into far away lands with.
(This isn't an all or nothing proposition, but I'm open should the right person come along.)
Two things are non-negotiable in my life
If you do not live with kindness and gratitude (or aspire to), this will not work. Let's save the messy VHS divvying and dog custody litigation for the less self aware.
Mindfulness & clarity strongly preferred.
FUN FACT: I HAVE NO PERMANENT RESIDENCE
In 2013, I sold my company which allowed me to pick up and move. So I did. And then I kept moving. Over the past 2 years, I've lived in Colombia, Mexico, NY, Chicago and LA (FAQ: subleases, not backpacking).
To be clear, this doesn't mean I'm leaving next weekend and a relationship with me isn't possible. It means that I'm location independent. I can be/work from wherever I want. It also means I can escape horrible winters for sunny ones, and pull the trigger on opportunities that arise. Barcelona is on deck for this year.
A healthy dose of gypsy spirit/wanderlust would go a long way toward a common bond.
My dimples get me out of trouble regularly. My hair attracts the petting hands of strangers and kin alike.
Stick around for 5 minutes and you'll notice that my mouth is as likely to get me into the doghouse as the best of graces - often within those same 5 minutes
Also, that I am a better dancer than them.
(Also, Chopin, Satie, Ravel, etc. Ideally, on solo piano. Optional cellos. Save the violins.)
Charcuterie plates. Tacos al pastor. Non-battered wings. Low-and-slow BBQ. All forms of braised meats.
Books - usually the ones for smart people. Usually non-fiction, but I love me some old Hank Bukowski.
Podcasts. Yes. Please. All the time.
Hood people. (It rhymed. Work with me.)
As for objects, I got rid of 90% of mine a few years ago. I'm not opposed, just not attached. I'm much happier for it.
Taboos. Stillness. Change.
"Every sinner has a future, every saint has a past."
Eyes that make others smile.
Smiles that make others melt.
Hair, gorgeous silk, draping over innocent shoulders and curious backs.
Hips, inviting hands. To be held when looking up again.
Kisses that dizzy.
Voice like bossa nova breeze.
Gentle sunrise. Mindful thunder.
Raindrops against a roof.
Warmth on a chilly day.
Suffocation on a stormy night.
Delicate and indestructible.
- You're into kind, manly, intellectual men.
- The words "Sunday Staycation" sound attractive to you.
- You want to accompany me to Sleep No More.
- You want to take Salsa lessons (or similar)
- You like humans. (Dogs too)
- You have a dog.
- You excel at empathy.
- You take care of your mind, body and soul.
- You want to go to Montauk
- You like Botanic Gardens. I love Botanic Gardens. Feed me all of them.
- You're warm.
- You think you're a beautiful person.
- You're a good communicator and above average problem solver.
- You're not quite a vanilla cupcake (pro tip: same name on FL).
- You're taller than me (yes, I'm into it.)
- ... you're not taller than me (into that too.)
You Should NOT Message Me If
- You have Narcissistic Personality Disorder or sociopathic tendencies
- You are an ice queen or prone to frequent cold-spells
- You're inclined towards drama or acting out of spite
- You are constantly covered in cat fur. I'm deathly allergic. (Edit: This is 50% joke. If you have everything else going for you, I'm sure this is a surmountable obstacle)