I'm currently dating an absolutely wonderful man who you can find here under the username jhered, but I identify as polyamorous. I believe in ethical non-monogamy, where partners are honest about their other relationships. It's definitely not for everyone, but it's worked very well for me.
My hobbies include reading, marathoning shows on Netflix, hanging out with my friends, doing my nails and watching hockey. I like to play games, go for walks, try new foods, and meet new people.
I don't watch a ton of movies. I loved "The Princess Bride", and I've enjoyed all of the View Askewniverse movies I've watched. "Terminator" was pretty cool. I'm a huge Disneyphile. My favorite Disney films are Hercules, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid". My favorite Disney-Pixar films are "Wall-E" "Finding Nemo" and "Up". I really enjoyed the new Star Wars movie. Still haven't seen the most recent Hunger Games, but it's on my list.
For TV, I love The West Wing. If I'm having a bad day, that's what I'm putting on to get through. I also like Archer, Downton Abbey, Deadliest Catch, That 70s Show, Portlandia, Weather Underground, and the Great British Baking Show. If it's hockey season, that's probably what I'm watching. Especially the Sharks and the Redwings.
When it comes to music, I like a bunch of different things: Asylum Street Spankers, Lady Gaga, Andrew Bird, The Magnetic Fields, Belle and Sebastian, Amanda Palmer, OK Go, Fiona Apple, Ke$ha, Sleater-Kinney, the Mountain Goats, They Might Be Giants, Rilo Kiley, Jack's Mannequin, blink 182. I really enjoy classical music, especially Chopin and Rachmaninoff. I've been listening to a lot of Broadway soundtracks at work lately, especially Hamilton and Jesus Christ Superstar.
I love all food, but especially Mexican, Thai and Indian. My favorite dessert is key lime pie, followed closely by cheesecake. I'm also a pretty good cook, when I try.
There's no category for podcasts here, which is just wrong. I'm an avid listener. My standards are Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!, Ask Me Another, Savage Lovecast, The Puck Podcast, BBC World News, Death, Sex and Money, and almost anything from the How Stuff Works podcasts.
2. A sense of humor: If I couldn't laugh, I don't know what I would do. I've learned to roll with the punches, but it's good to be able to laugh even when things are rough.
3. New people. Particularly friendly ones. I love going out alone and striking up conversations with strangers.
4. NHL Game Center Live. There must be hockey. Can't watch the Rangers (or the Islanders, or the Sabres, or the Devils), but I can watch any other team, which is good enough for me. I adore the Sharks and their collection of beautiful beards, despite their struggles to win at home. I also love the Redwings, watching Larkin has been really great.
5. The ability to travel! I love exploring new places. I'll be going to Bermuda for the first time next fall. Who knows what's next?
6. Quick-dry top coat. It is a gift from chemistry, and I value it in a way that's hard to explain while still sounding like a reasonable person.
I spend as little time as possible dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. Once things are out of my control, or before they're within it, I try not to obsess over them.
Also, if you know what Jungle Speed is and you want to play it. Or if you can explain NHL salary caps to me.