First and foremost (for all the perfectionist)I knew it was Du-Jur when I made it, this was meant to be ephemeral.
Know me better stalk me.
I grew up in the bay area (Oakland).
Oakland is a huge city with many facets if you care to know.
I love learning about people, places, and things.
I enjoy word play, and spirited conversation.
Chess is my favorite game.
Life can be so snarktacular.
After being single for three years, and dating on okcupid for an equal amount of time I've noticed some disturbing trends.
1. If you're on here either you have deleterious past or you live in the boondocks with a limited selection of bachelors. Or your gay friends really aren't helping you at all. (tell me the story about your gay friend that made out with you again).
2. You will be either totally enamored by me or you're playing the field. But I will notice it and when you give me a nebulous answer I will already know I can't trust you. In modern social circles this would be associated with emotional intelligence. But I'd like to stick to real intelligence. Empirical intelligence that is. And if you're a flunky trying talk yourself into something, then you can just as easily talk yourself out. I want no part in either experience.
3. As different as you think you are, think again. That picture of you in peru, skydiving, or with a big cat tells me you've lost touch with the big picture. Example: Who takes a picture with the space shuttle? Please observe your environment and pay attention to trending.
4. If you've taken pictures from a strange angle or omit pictures of your whole person, then automagically it tells me that is what you loath about yourself. It's crystal clear, so you're trying to fool someone?
5. Almost every date I've gone on, the dates seem to be surprised that I'm the actual height listed. Desperate single men are isolated by standards that most women shouldn't have, but if we're playing that game I'll put it on the table (I'm really six one). Everyone is wasting their time.
6. If you're diving nose deep into some exercise or physical activities to emancipate yourself from your previous relationship. Well that's not ganna work. Because you're not dealing with your issues you're running away from them. Keep running, please stay away from me. Thanks
7. Since actually dating someone that I meet here is on the lower end of the bell curve I will remain cynical, but it won't deny the fun we could have as long as we go dutch and you have no gentlemanly expectations of me. Because a real woman puts out.(j/k)... So if neither party has any expectations it occurs to me that a real date may actually be fun instead of the endless stream of disappointments that I happened upon.
8. And that old adage that I should look inward, well I do everyday. I make changes to facilitate people all of the time. But I'm baffled why the outcome is the same. It seems to me that people cannot honestly communicate, and delusional placement of how I'm ideologically perceived can cloud judgment and fizzle expectation. So clarity is key, know thy self then know me.