I haven't had much luck with online dating sites (I tend to meet interesting, driven, passionate people at events and through mutual friends, plus I don't really enjoy the normal going-out-on-dates paradigm), so I keep this up more as a personal place for me to document my thoughts on this aspect of my life and to sometimes meet new friends. (And, I'm traveling a lot these days, so I'm changing my profile location around. It may or may not be representative of where I am at this exact moment. I think that common interests, future lifestyle intentions, and connection are much more important than current location proximity - both for friendship and relationship.)
Now back to your regularly scheduled profile...
I will make this world a better place with my actions. Dance, math, & psychology will always be a part of my life. I believe in living a life that makes you happy in the present while still making conscious, informed decisions about your future. I love children, waterfalls, and an open dance floor. I am always learning, always looking for more and new information & opportunities. I love to understand, and inspire, and delight!
Life is a journey, and I have only just begun. :-)
Am I searching for the impossible? Perhaps, but then I like to do the impossible. :-)
(**Check out my journal for more of my thoughts on relationships - http://okcupidmultipassionate.blogspot.com/)
You might be for me if...
1) You are intelligent and intellectually curious - preferably in the math / science / tech / problem-solving smart way. You love learning and pondering new ideas and concepts. The mind and the brain fascinate you! Foreign languages and linguistics intrigue you, and you probably know how to program in a computer language (or several).
2) You also have an artistic / creative side, aka you play an instrument or sing or act or dance or draw or paint or sculpt or write or build or photograph or design or create or make or ...
3) You're ambitious and want to make a difference in the world, perhaps to the point of being a bit of a workaholic. You have a career/business/start-up/non-profit (or several) that you love, and you are creating positive change in big (and small) ways. You are kind, and you like helping people. You are generally optimistic and positive. You believe that people are inherently good (even if they do stupid things sometimes), and you rarely get mad at other people. You take initiative and personal responsibility for your life, feel capable of doing most anything you set your mind to, and have an internal locus of control. You're much more about cooperation than competition, although you do like to push yourself (and others) to be and do more! When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, and lemon cake, and lemon popsicles, and lemon chicken, and...
4) You exercise and eat healthy (most of the time!). You're interested in real foods / paleo, longevity / life extension, transhumanism, and local foods / sustainable sourcing, aka how what we eat and do affects our brains, our lives, and our world, but you also are apt to enjoy a decadent treat every now and then (and given your crazy busy lifestyle, you do sometimes make food choices based more on convenience than health). You don't smoke, and you drink only in moderation. Bonus points if you can do cool stuff with your body - like acroyoga, martial arts, gymnastics, circus arts, parkour, climbing, crazy human tricks, etc. Even more bonus points if you'll go partner dancing with me (blues, tango, ballroom, salsa, etc.) Super bonus points if you'll do acrobatic partnering with me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWxdK525n0Q)
5) You don't care about "keeping up with the Joneses", but you do have and spend money on experiences that make you happy. You would be just as happy vacationing by living in a van on Maui for a week as you would be going to Vegas and seeing cirque shows.
6) You're not into organized religion, but rather are on your own philosophical path, whether you consider yourself agnostic, atheist, pantheist, spiritual, possibilian, slightly religious, Buddhist, etc. You are moral, generous, and tolerant.
7) You don't own a TV since you would rather read a book or discuss ideas or surf the internet (or be working on making the world a better place). But you do enjoy movies (and a few TV shows, like Firefly!). (And you may have an awesome projector set-up.)
8) You're just as comfortable covered in playa dust at Burning Man as you are in a suit at a business conference or VC meeting because you are highly adaptable and socially adept. You're mature yet playful, confident yet humble. You embody inclusion, self-reliance, self-expression, and participation.
9) In relationships (and in life), you are drama-free & emotionally stable, open & honest, and extremely supportive. You are highly self-aware and communicative. You want a romantic relationship where both people help each other to grow, learn, become better, and lead fuller lives - where even though we are out doing lots in the world, our home/family life is very stable and comfortable, the bedrock foundation that allows us to take (calculated) risks elsewhere in our lives. Also you have close friendships with both men and women, including some of your exes, and you want to maintain those friendships even after getting into a serious romantic relationship.
10) And then, there's the all important 'spark'/mutual attraction/love - you could be all of the above, but we might not click. Or you could be only a few, and we might have a really strong connection (although if you aren't a majority of the above, the relationship probably won't go anywhere.)
11) Last, but definitely NOT least, you want to co-create an amazing family and have a child in the next few years (but not settle down!). You're interested in (or at least open to)... natural birth, attachment parenting (breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping, etc), healthy eating ('real food'/paleo), accelerated intelligence (prenatal learning, multiple languages, supplements, baby signs), homeschooling (Montessori, classical education, unschooling, accelerated math&science), very little TV, nature&outdoors (hiking, camping), domestic & international travel with the kid(s), and including the kid(s) in real life and real work. You would love to be part of a family-friendly intentional community (or multiple communities since you want to be traveling!).