I've been fortunate and have had a rich life with some great experiences, including:
* Spending the weekend with Prince Charles & Lady Di in a small group
*Co-Hosting a dinner in the British Parliament for a Fortune 500 CEO
* Touring the Johnson Space Center in Houston with an astronaut
* Dining in the White House mess
* Sitting in the cockpit of British Airlines' Concorde supersonic jet for take off
* Eating the last course ever at Charlie Trotter's this July, a leading US restaurant, as the guest of the restaurant's best patron. We entered at 8:30 pm and left at 3:00 am!
* Watching a Cubs game with Ernie Banks ("Mr. Cub") from his box in Wrigley field on "Ernie Banks Day".
* Backstage with the Rolling Stones at Dodger Stadium w/ a friend who is their magician
* House seats for Kenny Burrell's (leads the jazz program at UCLA and has recorded both on his own and with every other leading jazz musician) for his 80th birthday concert, because I commissioned a new piece "Suite for Peace" for the concert.
* Giants' first game in PacBell (now AT&T) at the owners' dinner the night before sitting with their iconic announcer, Lon Simmons, and seeing the first game the next day, sitting with Willie Mays for a few innings who signed six baseballs for me.
* A Christmas landing in Antarctica, where Santa actually greeted us on shore
* African safari where a cheetah, about to be released to the wild, licked my hand with her sandpaper tongue and cuddled.
* Tasting wine with the leading wine makers in Burgundy, who are now friends, some of whom let me purchase from them directly (a rarity in Burgundy).
* Serving on the Board of the Joffrey Ballet
* Serving on the Advisory Board of the Harvard Business School
There are three principles that guide my life: fitness, learning/personal growth, compassion.
Fitness: Physical/Mental/Emotional: We function on these three levels. In order to enjoy a full, rich life, we need to be fit and I expect my partner to be as well.
Personal growth/learning: Life is continual growth and learning and wonderment.
Compassion: Both for ourselves and for others. I consider it my "job" to make others' life easier. I'm not a missionary, but don't sweat the small stuff. Let someone else talk so you can understand them.
I expect my partner to share these values.
I've been blessed with great health, a terrific friends, incredible mentors and teachers and a very rich life: traveled to all seven continents and have done business on six; been integral to eight start-ups, the last of which was sold to Oracle; initiated what was probably the first joint venture between a US Fortune 500 company and the Chinese government; raised two incredible step sons; formerly a jazz DJ on a commercial radio station.
I enjoy a wide range of interests: fitness, travel, sports (esp. baseball), food, wine, films (indies and foreign), nature, jazz, art, animals, reading/learning, fashion and . . . .
I'm seeking a long-term relationship to share life with. Someone who I can learn from. Let's explore life together!
If you don't live in LA or aren't planning to be in LA (San Diego to Malibu to Pasadena), please don't contact me. I'm only dating women from LA. Thank you. J