Find better matches with our advanced matching system
37 / M / Straight / Single
New York, New York
- Last Online
- Today – 1:03pm
- 5′ 10″ (1.78m).
- Body Type
- Strictly vegetarian
- Libra but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from Ph.D program
- Education / Academia
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and has cats
- English (Fluently), Italian (Poorly), Spanish (Poorly), German (Poorly)
Orbios New York, New York kinkier
joey52176 Brooklyn, New York kinkier
raptornews Brooklyn, New York more adventurous
royalblu23 New York, New York less literary
MN_MA_NY New York, New York more adventurous
RickyMcswiggin Brooklyn, New York less literary
DesignerGeekNYC Brooklyn, New York kinkier
NYC_Analyst New York, New York more organized
Not having a picture of me in the Rain Room or at the Jazz Age Lawn Party on here - or for god's sake, a Color Run, because ALL you people are ALL Color Running all over the place without me....thus breaking some kind of unspoken OKC convention for NY people.
Daydreaming of faraway places and distant times.
Doing my part to make up for all those people who quit eating carbs.
Staying up too late painting odd little abstract paintings.
Waiting excitedly for ski season.
Oh, you mean for a living? I'm a college professor. With all the good and the not-always-so-good that entails.
And yes, that will be on the quiz at the end of the profile.
I'm merely quite good at various others, such as pretending to understand Lacan and my standing bow pose, but I'm working on those.
And literary allusions. (Told you it was coming.)
But fine, I will take your hipster litmus test! Only via a messy list of twenty or so things that have crossed my eyes/ears in the past week or three and made an impact. You can extrapolate from that as you like.
Currently - wait, hold up, time to refresh this. Forget the list. I just did that thing I do every summer again, that thing where I buy a ludicrous number of random books for nearly nothing at the nearby library's annual used book sale. So currently, as in this week...I'm probably reading the core texts of existential psychology, a trashy old hatchet-job bio of Errol Flynn, and Paul Scott's gigantic Raj Quartet. So, you know, the usual stuff. I'm also going anywhere there's live outdoor music.
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 24–36
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- You're warm-hearted, open-minded, deep and light in somewhat equal measure, and any of this silliness clicked with you.
- You like a little banter. I'm very banterable.
- You're the tipsy-karaoke-"Lazy Line Painter Jane"-duet partner I've been looking for all my life. Hell, I'm game for any Belle & Sebastian you've got - but when's the last time you saw, say, "Photo Jenny" on the list at your local bar? If you have, get at me.
Alternatively, you wanna be Emmylou to my Gram on this. If we can make that work, there's nothing we can't do.