1) I lived in San Francisco/Oakland for five years and quickly gained a reputation as the dude who won't shut up about how much better it is in Philly. God damn, it's good to be back.
2) Few things bring me as much joy as a night out dancing. But, it turns out that you leave a city for a few years and things change. So, I remain in search of a replacement for the Khyber or Silk City circa 2004.
3) I get embarrassingly animated during discussions of food, music, and comedy.
4) I strike an unusual balance between comically exaggerated curmudgeonliness and perpetual enthusiasm and warmth. Basically, I'm a shit-talker, but a pretty durned good-natured one.
5) I have no lack of self confidence (turns out, I'm pretty rad), but also have a solid self-deprecating sense of humor.
6) My favorite place on earth is a now-closed bowling alley in northern CA that featured karaoke, dance parties, and punk rock shows.... A tip on where I might find a Philly-based substitute would make me the happiest boy in all the world.
According to OKCupid, I am both "more independent" and "less indie." So, there's that.