1) I'm working on my doctoral degree studying Behavioral Neuroscience and Neuropsychology. This doesn't mean I'm ultra-nerdy but it does mean that I'm interested in intellectual things and I'm looking for someone I can carry on meaningful conversation with. It also means that I have goals for myself and I plan to reach them.
2) I may be one of the most LOW maintenance girls on the planet, and I'm not just saying that because I 'think that's what you want to hear'. In fact, in my experience being low maintenance doesn't get me very far in the dating department. It's just how I am though, and I'd rather be myself and not have guys chasing after me than have to put on a show all the time. I'm not demanding and I'm easy going and I just want to find someone to have fun with!
3) I'm shy...always have been, probably always will be although I'm much less so than I used to be. Some people interpret shyness as conceit or apathy...it's neither, just one of my quirks (of which there are probably many...everyone's got them, right?!). Regardless, I WILL and often DO try new things, meet new people, make a spectacle of myself, etc. I just have to get comfortable with the situation.
4) I teach Jazzercise and I love it. I make virtually NO money doing it and it takes up a lot of time but it keeps me sane (or at least mostly sane ;) ). Men never understand the Jazzercise thing (primarily the takes up time with no reward) but you'll just have to let this one go... :)
5) I say I'm into politics but this isn't in an "I'm going to argue with you until you're so angry you give up and either agree with me or walk away" kind of way. Mostly I'm just interested in the world and what's going on in it. I fully recognize that everyone does not share in my views and I love for people to help me understand why they don't. I just think it's important to try to be engaged in the bigger things happening in the world around you.
6) I love to be outdoors, and especially on the water. My family has a teeny tiny lake cabin in Indiana but it is BY FAR my favorite place on earth, the place where I feel most like myself. There's something so re-energizing about just laying in the grass in the sun or floating on the lake or cruising in the boat that can change your whole outlook on life.
7) I smile a lot - pretty much all the time - and, believe it or not, it's genuine. I'm a generally happy person and I've found that worrying about things really doesn't get you too far. I'd rather just go with the flow on most things and save my stress for things I can actually pretend to control.
Basically, I'm looking for someone fun who's looking to do fun things! I think people are too concerned about getting super serious right away...why can't we just get to know one another and see what happens? Taking yourself too seriously is a huge turn off for me - you have to be willing to be silly and laugh at yourself!! Its what makes life fun and exciting! There's nothing more attractive than someone who is down to earth, ambitious (without being obnoxious or conceited - yes, it is possible!), and willing to try anything once!