Find better matches with our advanced matching system
32 / M / Gay / Single
Gastonia, North Carolina
His journal posts
Dec 13, 2009
Do I have a strong sense of self?
Do you have a strong sense of self?
- Yes, I am quite certain of who I am.
- No, I'm still searching for my identity.
- I'm on the verge of finding myself.
- No, I have no clue who I am, I'm an empty shell.
It seems like I'm always changing. It's impossible to truly know everything about oneself at any given moment. I think I have a core set of values that is unlikely to change, but I really am liquid when it comes to other things.
Occasionally, I realize when I have lost myself. Most often it's when I'm trying too hard to fit what someone else wants from me, or what I think someone else wants from me. I know when I get off track from my yearly goals that I have lost a little bit of myself.
So, do you have a strong sense of your_self?
Dec 31, 2008
1. Complete National Board Certification. Pass.
2. Enroll in grad school (probably online).
3. Try new things. Take at least two classes for personal growth and enjoyment.
4. Pay off all my credit card debt.
HEALTH AND FITNESS GOALS:
5. Maintain a weight level with which I am happy (target: 135-140 pounds). Maintain a body fat level below 12%. Maintain a muscle mass percent above 45.8%.
6. Go to the gym or engage in other physical activity regularly (3 or more times per week).
7. Reduce soda intake to no more than 2 cans per day.
8. Maintain a diary; write at least once per week.
9. Travel to at least two places that are new or almost new to me.
10. See at least one awesome concert and one amazing play.
11. Read at least one book per month.
12. Write at least four poems or other pieces. Look into publication in magazines or books.
I will work to achieve these goals in 2009!