Looking to make new high quality FRIENDS in the area who share similar interests. Just to be clear, already in a romantic relationship and _not_ looking for any other romantic interests, only friends with common interests and activities.
ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
* Music, jam with others, listen, and compose.
-- Listen to: Blues, Rock, electronic, World, Jazz, Classical, Opera, and more.
-- Perform and compose with the following instruments:
--- Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Sitar, Native American Wood Flute, Singing, Piano, keyboards, and synths]] (synthesizers), Didgeridoo, Drums - Rock kit, African Djembe, Irish Bodhrán, Native American hoop drum, Harmonica, Viola,Computer composition and electronic music,
* Martial Arts - Kung Fu, Aikido, Karate, T'ai Chi, etc.
* Outdoor adventuring - nature walks, canoeing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking, exploring, etc.
* RPG - Role playing gaming (prefer tabletop RPG but also interested in trying LARP (Live Action Role-Playing)
* Theater (not movies)
* Acting (theater, video, and webisodes so far)
* Motorcycle rides
* Meditation (various styles/techniques)
* Archery (target, not hunting)
* Rifle and handgun shooting (target, not hunting)
* Roller skating/blading
* 4x4 Off-roading (been a long time since last did so)
* Photography (used to shoot professionally)
* Aqua aerobics and aqua sports (water basketball and water polo for example)
* Whitewater rafting
* Various science and technology groups, gatherings, discussions, experiments, and events.
* Computer science and information security, & 2600.
Love high quality foods from many different cultures. Enjoy gourmet, multicultural cooking, and enjoy finding new places to inspire new ideas. Can't get enough sushi!
Ola! Mi llama en Espanol es Halcon. Hablo un pequito Espanol. Español magro hace muchos anos. Ahora olvido mucho.
Здравствуйте! Меня зовут Xоук. Оворю немного русский.
我 叫 落 大應
Wǒ jiáo Luó Dáyīng.
Have been divorced since Fall 2007, now a single parent raising three teenage boys.
Meanwhile on the side slowly working on interdisciplinary degrees including Recreation Therapy, Music Therapy, RPG Therapy, and Research Psychology. Intend to have at least a masters (and preferably a doctorate) by the time my youngest son is about 18 years old.
Occasionally a performing musician and composer, also actor in various theater, video, and web-based series episodes Gamers 3: Hands of Fate.
In the past (80's and early 90's) worked in the following professions:
* Professional photographer
* ASE Automotive technician
* Junior college instructor
* CNA (certified nursing assistant)
Enjoy riding motorcycle all over the country. Currently have a 2001 Suzuki Bandit that has been ridden in 14 states since 2001.
Do NOT enjoy _watching_ sports, but enjoy playing/doing various sports in life.
Have bought three canoes in recent years, and have been exploring with the boys all over the Inland Empire, canoeing the 100+ lakes in the area of Spokane, WA, and beyond. It has been a blast so far!
Dead Can Dance, Lisa Gerrard, Juno Reactor and Don Davis, Lisa Gerrard, Enya, Sarah Brightman. Kitaro, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Mozart, Loreena McKennitt, lots of Celtic and world music, enjoy opera, classical, musicals, Broadway, techno, trance, electronic, goa, and so much more. Dislike most rap, hip hop, and country, but there are some individual exceptions. I have an entire website dedicated to my love of music as "The Synthetic Zen" with a playlist spanning thousands of pieces far too numerous to list here.
This has been the name of my radio show, and the pseudonym I use for my own compositions/albums.
MOVIES & TELEVISION
So many, but will through a few here to help. The Fountain, The Gamers, The Gamers II: Dorkness Rising, The Gamers III: Hands of Fate (I am in it as a small part as a pirate!), Journey Quest, The Guild, Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog, Journey Quest I & II, Excalibur, The Matrix (entire collection, for its philosophical references, and some key dialog rather than action), Apocalypse Now, Pink Floyd The Wall, Monty Python, Reservoir Dogs, Princess Bride, and so many others.
As for Science Fiction, believe that Babylon 5 is the single best series ever released. Far better in complex character development (did you know the creator had a degree and background in clinical psychology?), complex multiple plot lines and longitudinal arcs, epic story, wonderfully likeable personalities, the right balance of humor to keep it from being so overwhelmingly grim (a la the BSG remake), and many other reasons. Though enjoy other series such as Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG (new and old Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, Firefly & Serenity (a real shame the series was cancelled), etc. They all pale in comparison to Bab5 IMNSVHO. ;-)
* Purpose. I consider that a tangible necessity, and have felt very adrift the few times I didn't feel I had some purpose in life.
* My mind. ;-) ("Of all the things I've lost in life, I (would) miss my mind the most!"). But that's not to say I do not enjoy "mindfulness" or enjoy the state of "no mind".
* DNA, greater and weaker forces, oxygen, water, & food (cliche I know).
* A life long mate as well as long deep friendships. Someone who will be there through all the "trials and tribulations as we travel through our travails", whether it is just a loyal friend, or something more, it is indeed something I am missing greatly. I do not handle a large group well (unless I'm on stage), and can only focus on a small handful of people at a time, due to the depth I wish to develop..
Some ideas for conversation starters: Raising children. What instruments and styles of music do you play?
You want to jam? :-D What is your favorite music to perform or listen to?
What is your favorite work of J.R.R. Tolkien and why?
Which is your favorite role-playing game RPG system or campaign setting?
What kind of motorcycle do you have, and where have you ridden it?
Meanwhile, wherever you may be, BE well. Namarie!