i look at people and see their life... i mean i wonder what makes
them so special, because they are. I have also have begun to wonder
if the whole droopy pants thing will evere evolve to become a
female fashion trend. I dream of a better world where chickens may
cross the road without having their motives questioned.
I read this everyday. It is my compass. Some are original thoughts
some are not and some are modified thoughts of others but I am not
perfect but I read this everyday and the thoughts resonate and I do
try to follow them even though I admit to some failures.
I have fine tuned my list
1. Accept everything just the way it is.
2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial
4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
5. Be detached from desire your whole life long.
6. Do not regret what you have done.
7. Never be jealous.
8. Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself or
10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or
11. In all things have no preferences.
12. Be indifferent to where you live.
13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.
(this is a tough one. I had to abandon my goal of eating in every
Three Star Michelin Restaurant in Europe)
14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
(got rid of my Mercedes SL, my Mercedes S Class, my Porsche 911,
AND my Gulfstrem Commander plane) I have not perfected this one
yet, I still have my M class Mercedes, my gold Rolex and my Patek
Phillipe watches and a decadent lakefront home of my design.
15. Do not act following customary beliefs.
16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is
17. Do not fear death.
18. Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old
19. Respect God without counting on His help.
20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your
21. Never stray from the Way
(I think each of us must define "The Way")
22. Never use the word "should" and ignore any sentence spoken by
another with the word.
23. Never attempt to justify your actions.
24. Do not seek, nor be distracted, misdirected or compromised by
the advice of others.
25. (nicked from one of Wendy Paris' books) Value yourself for the
root of your character, not your family tree.
26. Remember that the fruits of success always contain the seeds of
27. Every encounter is an opportunity. ( one of my best students
suggested that I add this one to my list, since it is the first
thing I tell every class on day one, I trust her judgement)
28. You will find rest from vain fancies if you perform every act
in life as though it were your last.
29. Never arrive with expectations and you will never depart with
The worst thing in life is to be surrounded by people who make you
feel alone. Although i am a traveler who vacations in the lives of
others, I am not surrounded by those types of people. Lucky
Ive learned over the years that Women are very different, but they
also have many things in common. Women are very insecure creatures.
You have five weak points. The way you smell, your hair, your eyes,
your skin, and your mouth That's why you spend so much time and
money on these areas. I am seeking a woman devoid of these
insecurities. Not because her five are perfect, but rather because
she knows they don't define her.
Here's another riddle I can't answer, perhaps you can. What's with
the female taco screen name here on okc? I see it often integrated
into the screen name I various versions. What's that all
Society doesn't teach us to be individuals, but it does rewards us
for being one.