New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
61 • Weehawken, NJ • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 36–58
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends
- Last online
- Today – 1:46am
- 5′ 10″ (1.78m)
- Body type
- A little extra
- Mostly anything
- Christianity, and very serious about it
- Capricorn, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Art / Music / Writing
- Doesn’t have kids
- Has dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), French (Poorly)
I pretty much write the same thing to everyone here. Even if they are not interested, I want them to feel good about themselves. ( this sentence does not resonate with some (more than one) and they took the time to put digital ink on my screen to make sure that I know it.)
Many of those recipients visit my profile, but few write. The ones who do are usually just exhibiting good manners, not expressing interest.
I want to change my screen name to sesquipedalian, because I'm not new to weehawken any more this is my fourth winter here, but okc wont let me
I am a single man- easily satisfied with the best.
I moved to jersey city for the 2013 winter and on April 14th, I movedto Oyster Bay for the Summer! Back in Weehawken for the 2014 winter. Love it here. Update. Staying for the summer in Weehawken (2015)
I am an architect who has re invented himself. I moved from Michigan and became a University Professor about seven years ago. I enjoy rollerblading, sailing and flying.
to those who write about the glass half full I say this:
Dear optimist, pessimist and realist…while you were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely, Bob the opportunist.
I want to ride in Geronimo's Cadillac.
I teach two days a week and every day I take the Bus from Weehawken which is sadly lacking in characters I think, because Weehawken and the route that the bus takes is through very affluent neighborhoods. Then I take the E or A train, and love the mix of characters on the train. I think each and every passenger is special and I always wonder what their life story is.
Everybody's a dreamer and everybody's a star
And everybody's in movies, it doesn't matter who you are
There are stars in every city
In every house and on every street
And if you walk down Hollywood Boulevard
Their names are written in concrete
Once a time at home
I sat beside my cell phone
Waiting for someone to pull me through
And when it didn't ring
I knew it wasn't you
I am a masters degree candidate in Sustainability at City College.
Image casts a long shadow.
2. Music. It's a drug and my iphone delivers my daily fix.
3. Friends. They keep me balanced and amused and entertained.
4. Family. They are my safety net.
5. My desire to cause trouble. I was on a rollercoaster a few weeks ago and happened to have a few bolts in my pocket. After the ride started, I tapped the person on the shoulder in front of me and showed them the bolts and said: "I think these came out of your seat."
6. Money. Another materialistic thing, but I've never been able to buy groceries, pay the utilities, taxes, or get around town without it.
And here is the three in a relationship:
Respect me because I've earned the respect. Appreciate the things I do for you and be considerate of my wants and needs.
I read this everyday. It is my compass. Some are original thoughts some are not and some are modified thoughts of others but I am not perfect but I read this everyday and the thoughts resonate and I do try to follow them even though I admit to some failures.
Hey pants makers. Just lower the damn belt hoops . that keeps the pants at the proper waist level. Geeze, am I the only genius that gets this?
I have fine tuned my list
1. Accept everything just the way it is.
2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.
4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
5. Be detached from desire your whole life long.
6. Do not regret what you have done.
7. Never be jealous.
8. Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself or others.
10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
11. In all things have no preferences.
12. Be indifferent to where you live.
13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.
(this is a tough one. I had to abandon my goal of eating in every Three Star Michelin Restaurant in Europe)
14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
(got rid of my Mercedes SL, my Mercedes S Class, my Porsche 911, AND my Gulfstrem Commander plane) I have not perfected this one yet, I still have my M class Mercedes, my gold Rolex and my Patek Phillipe watches and a decadent lakefront home of my design.
15. Do not act following customary beliefs.
16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
17. Do not fear death.
18. Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
19. Respect God without counting on His help.
20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honor.
21. Never stray from the Way
(I think each of us must define "The Way")
22. Never use the word "should" and ignore any sentence spoken by another with the word.
23. Never attempt to justify your actions.
24. Do not seek, nor be distracted, misdirected or compromised by the advice of others. ( I get my best advice from the advertising world).
25. (nicked from one of Wendy Paris' books) Value yourself for the root of your character, not your family tree.
26. Remember that the fruits of success always contain the seeds of destruction
27. Every encounter is an opportunity. ( one of my best students suggested that I add this one to my list, since it is the first thing I tell every class on day one, I trust her judgement)
28. You will find rest from vain fancies if you perform every act in life as though it were your last.
29. Never arrive with expectations and you will never depart with disappointment.
The worst thing in life is to be surrounded by people who make you feel alone. Although i am a traveler who vacations in the lives of others, I am not surrounded by those types of people. Lucky me.
Ive learned over the years that Women are very different, but they also have many things in common. Women are very insecure creatures. You have five weak points. The way you smell, your hair, your eyes, your skin, and your mouth That's why you spend so much time and money on these areas. I am seeking a woman devoid of these insecurities. Not because her five are perfect, but rather because she knows they don't define her.
Here's another riddle I can't answer, perhaps you can. What's with the female taco screen name here on okc? I see it often integrated into the screen name I various versions. What's that all about?
Society doesn't teach us to be individuals, but it does rewards us for being one.
A very wise man in a red hat once said that " everything is ok". There have been times when I tried to convince myself that he was wrong, but looking back, he never was. Not once.
This is the stupidest thing to write on a dating site, but it's true and a spin off of a Groucho Marx saying..." I could never want a girlfriend who wanted me as a boyfriend." Now, the woman who is smart enough to know that it’s a bad idea to get into a relationship with me, and refuses to…she is exactly who I am looking for.
I've been a great bf to a couple, a good bf to a few more, but mostly a crappy bf to most ( after a while ). If I wrote to you, I think we could hit the 'great' mark. But no promises.
When I first moved to Oyster Bay in 2006, I had a Match profile in which I claimed to be a brain surgeon, a movie star, a double naught spy (007 is an example of a double naught spy), claimed to be good at "go-zin-ta's"," claimed to have graduated highest in my class at Oxford, claimed to be a street car conductor, and a Hollywood producer.
These are all jobs Jethro Bodine of the Beverly Hillbillies TV show claimed to be. Surprisingly, not one person ever sent me a note saying; “hi Jethro” but many very attractive women wrote to me asking where I practiced (medicine). I wrongly assumed that the woman who understood the joke or the reference would be the woman of my dreams.
So I switched to ok cupid. I have met many women of my dreams here, but sadly, none go the distance.
After a few months, one of us calls it quits. Usually her. Not giving up though.
I will continue to lead this so very interesting life while casually crashing into some beautiful and fascinating women and maybe one day for me it will be the happily ever after that we all seek.
Or simply...if you would enjoy a pleasing evening of great conversation, challenging thought and a big helping of laughs. You won't feel intimidated, you will have fun and you will most likely be glad that you did. you may think you just had one of the more enjoyable times of your OKC life. Our first encounter might not be the best night of your entire life, you may or may not decide that I'm your dream guy...but it will be fun and who doesn't like fun? And by all means connect with me if you believe that this earth was made a common treasury for everyone to share.
Leaving my best accomplishments for last...You should also write me if you are impressed that I have a villa, a farm, a bank, more than $23,000,000 in the bank, over 100 single family rental homes, a pastry shop and over 600 acres of land with all of the necessary farm equipment. I have to be modest here and say that anyone can do it. All you have to do is as I have , spend 20 hours a day in front of the computer playing Cityville on Facebook for two straight years.
In case you really are a blonde, let me clarify. These are city ville dollars, not american dollars. These are city ville properties.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.