I'm emotional and cerebral and passionate. I love discussing emotion, beliefs and knowledge. I love expressing myself verbally, through writing and through creating art. I love learning about others.
I am somewhere between introverted and extroverted. I'm intense and analytical but also prone to gigglefits, making dirty jokes in the right company and picking people up and twirling them around. I love beautiful spaces but am not naturally tidy, which is an internal battle.
I love to laugh, engage in hyperactivity and silliness, debate philosophy, play fight and battle with nerf swords, do aerial silks, photograph and be photographed, write, paint, collage, draw, sing (badly) watch and discuss interesting movies, play creative or immersive video games with people I like, listen to and tell life stories, cuddle, travel, buy clothes, spend time around plants and animals, light candles and eat tasty food with others.
Before, I write anything further: I am happily non-monogamous. Limiting oneself emotionally (or sexually) doesn't make sense to me and I believe one can love more than one, full-heartedly, in different ways.
However, I am not seeking anything casual. While I can find someone attractive, based on looks, there's little pleasure in sexuality for me without some sort of emotional bond. Thus, I seek friendship, foremost, whether ultimately platonic or otherwise.
Note: Many answers to my questions are in need of an update and may not correctly reflect my current stances.
I am sensitive, creative, and intuitive.
Previously, I've done a number of odd jobs. I've worked with middle school and high school students with special educational needs. I worked in retail and then as an art model in the evenings.
• Seeing beauty in others and all that is around me.
• Being open even in uncomfortable situations because I can't bear a lack of clarity and I'd rather get caught up in tangles for a while than let tangles of lies grow bigger.
• Perceiving patterns, archetypes, meanings and energies in life and enjoying turning that perception into art and writing.
• Not giving in to tiredness unless I want to
• Cuddling and giving massages
• Photography - capturing people's energy (my camera is like another limb to me).
• Staying still for extended periods of time (Art modelling)
It has also been commented on that I come across much less seriously and more warmly in person than from my profile by people I've met from OkCupid.
Books: speculative fiction, dystopian, fairytale, children's tales, atmospheric dreamy books, magical realism, the odd graphic novel or fantasy.
oryx and crake - margaret atwood, the handmaid's tale - margret atwood, the little prince - antoine de st exupery, the beauty myth - naomi wolf, stranger in a strange land - robert heinlein, fantastic mr. fox - roald dahl, two girls: fat and thin - mary gaitskill, the wind up bird chronicle - haruki murakami, moon palace - paul auster, 1984 - george orwell, hater - david moody, the silver metal lover - tanith lee, biting the sun - tanith lee, his dark materials - philip pullman, the hunger game trilogy - suzanne collins, the harry potter series - j.k. rowling, we3, rover red charlie, rat queens
Movies: I have a special attraction to the post apocalyptic, the imaginative, and space horror.
mad max: fury road, the dark crystal, labyrinth, sunshine, book of eli, looper, dark city, the company of wolves, moon, coraline, howl's moving castle, spirited away, the nightmare before christmas, nausicaa of the valley of the wind, ghost in the shell II: innocence, secretary, collateral, into the wild, the matrix trilogy, v for vendetta, the fifth element, fight club, ghost dog, zatoichi, tremors I & II, hanna, the thing, they live, blade runner, dredd, mad max & mad max II, , gattaca, byzantium, war games, i heart huckabees, snatch, american beauty, american psycho, a beautiful mind, how to train your dragon, tangled.
Most of the films on this list have made my heart or mind trill in some way. Talk to me about film <3
• Shows: vikings, breaking bad, six feet under, game of thrones, true blood, the walking dead, dexter, lost, house m.d., outlander, daredevil, fringe, attack on titan, humanity has declined
• Music: I certainly know what I like when I hear it and music has a powerful effect on my mood, but music is the area I am the least well versed in. Some things I have enjoyed: silversun pickups, shiny toy guns, tettix, bignic, nine inch nails, m83, kavinsky, perturbator, seeed, sleeping dog, azure ray, fever ray, placebo, kate havnevik, explosions in the sky, sigur ros, t.A.T.u., butterfly boucher, jewel, goldfrapp, the killers, ladytron, client, the weepies, ingrid michaelson, aimee mann, laura veirs, sia, susan enan, sarah mclachlan, roisin murphy, felix da housecat, underworld
• Food: I feel quite a bit of love for most things that are not a mushroom. Above all, I like vegetables and fresh food. I am very fond of thai, vietnamese, chinese, japanese, tapas, mexican, italian - if only for all the creative pasta shapes :) I also have a special affinity for breakfast foods and peanut butter.
• Games: demon's souls, the void, dishonored, shadow of the colossus, warhammer 40 000: dawn of war, men of war, terraria, sims 2 & 3, borderlands, dead island, startopia, hotline miami, zelda series, they bleed pixels, cards against humanity, ghost stories
• Openness: clarity with others and within my head, a flow of information into and from my mind.
• Hope: a sense of faith and purpose
•Writing: I am at my happiest when I am able to transmit feeling to words
• Something to create pictures with: if pushed to choose - an slr camera, but painting materials would be good too.
• Connection: to the world and to others, through all the senses and, yes, through the the internet.
For now, I will say:
I experience a certain amount of gustatory synesthesia.
I find concrete, cars and coin difficult. I'm not good at being employed for very long. I basically never have any money most of the time, so it is the cheap but wonderful things I like to enjoy with friends, mostly.
I draw strange little comics usually involving animals or shape people to help me communicate feelings. In my healthy states I journal an unusually large amount.
I'm aware my profile is more intense and in-depth than optimum but I figure it might at least deter people looking for background noise and small-talk from contacting me.
I seek intelligent beings. I'd like to meet curious and questioning people, with passion and confidence. I'd like to meet energetic people who value their madness and wildness.
I'm usually immediately friendly and open with people and I value confidence in others, but I also require space and don't appreciate presumptuousness, at all. I like people who are animal but it's also essential that they are courteous.
Smiles if: If you are a slender androgynous person with pretty hands and cheekbones. I find beauty in multiple physical types but this often catches my eye.
Or, If you have a lovable canine I can enjoy vicariously.