Find better matches with our advanced matching system
34 • M • Somerville, MA
- Last Online
- Mar 20
- 5′ 10″ (1.78m)
- Body Type
- Graduated from university
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- Reading people's sense of humor and working with it to find smiles
- Unearthing quiet moments every day
- Detecting and avoiding bullshit
- Barbecuing pork shoulder and making homemade BBQ sauces, ketchups, and mustards
- Noticing insane behavior in public settings
- Nicely-timed deadpan and measured doses of understatement
- Inventing tee shirts
- Making up band names, particularly ones that would work well for nutty punk rock groups
Movies: Fletch, The Hustler, When We Were Kings, Taxi Driver, The Survivors, The King of Comedy, Dirty Work, In the Heat of the Night, 3 Dev Adam, The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 (Matthau version), The King of Kong, Blood Simple, and supernatural/action/thriller flicks from the 70s in general.
Music: John Frusciante, Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, PJ Harvey, Guided by Voices, The New Pornographers, The Kills, Warpaint, Sly and the Family Stone, Lalo Schifrin, The Who, The Temptations, The Clash, Led Zeppelin, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Spacemen 3, Neil Young, Townes Van Zandt, The Raveonettes. Some local favorites of mine are The New Highway Hymnal, Cooling Towers, Hammer & Snake, Poor Everybody, Black Fortress of Opium, Tim Gearan, and Dead Cats Dead Rats. Also, almost everything that gets played on this program: http://auralfixradio.org
- Memories that connect to smells
- The bigness of joys that come unbidden
- Most of the major themes covered here, even if I'm annoyed that the author tacitly grants snark a free pass when it's just as hollow a manner of engaging the world as smarm: http://gawker.com/on-smarm-1476594977
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 26–42
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating, short-term dating
I also want to borrow and paraphrase something I read on another profile that feels worth saying: I think it takes a certain brave vulnerability to send a (thoughtful!) message to a stranger on a dating website. If you message me and don't hear back, please don't envision this stranger, like, haughtily turning up his nose at you -- I've spent the majority of my time from my mid-twenties onward both dating and in relationships and am working with a pretty defined sense of what I'm looking for in my next serious relationship, and if I don't reply, it's because I don't feel a match with my admittedly specific (but experientially-determined) criteria. For whatever it's worth, I'm flattered, and for whatever it's worth, I've sent plenty of my own unanswered messages, too!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.