1) I'm a Christian -- but what that means to me might not be what you think it does, feel free to start a conversation about it.
2) I like to read, but have more books than I will likely ever have time to read already. I'm working on thinning the collection so I can keep up better. I know too many talented authors.
3) I also like to knit and crochet, and have rather a lot of yarn as a result, though that stash is less out of control. I've dabbled with other fiber arts, like tatting, but have so far resisted spinning and weaving, largely due to lack of space.
4) I'm a software engineer. I started out writing C-flavored C++, but these days, I'm primarily writing Perl and SQL. (Postgres rocks!)
5) I like board and card games -- word games like Scrabble, Boggle, and Bananagrams; card games like spades and Fluxx; board games like RoboRally, Ricochet Robot(s), and Othello. I'll play anything from Reiner Knizia at least once.
6) I'm involved in running several science fiction conventions.
I tend to hold on to things once they're part of my life, and that especially applies to people. This means I have a lot of friends and acquaintances, and that includes most of my exes, who generally make better friends for me than they did SOs.