I am looking for a hiking-traveling companion. I typically walk 5 to 10 miles a day. Recently traveled to Grand Canyon and Death Valley to hike/camp. It would be nice to have an financilly independent-fit traveling-hiking companion to share the experience
What I’m doing with my life
Winding down. Currently on a "walk about" doing what ever, when ever. Traveling, hiking, walking, and fostering (short term) dogs and occasionally cats/kittens
I’m really good at
Being quiet, self sufficient. I do not need to be entertained by others. That being said, I do enjoy company that is compatible
The first things people usually notice about me
I am fairly balanced, enjoying what I enjoy, and not wasting time on things I don't enjoy. I am not adverse to trying "new" things, however, having done most things, traveled the world, I pretty much know what I enjoy and what I don't enjoy. Been told I get along with animals better than people.... if people were as nice as animals.....
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Books - history, historic novels, fiction
Movies - a lot when younger, not so much any more
Shows - none
Music - all
Food - all
The six things I could never do without
I am fairly flexible, can do with very little and still be very
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Simplifying things, no drama, going forward
On a typical Friday night I am
Every day is a Friday night
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
No big secrets here, as far as I know. Oh, not an original thought,
as I saw it on another profile -----> having to use Cupid to
screen/meet potential partners!!
You should message me if
NOTE: I know these seem severe, however, I am perfectly happy as I am, but hope that another person could "add" to my happiness. I do not want to be a burden to another and by the same token, I do not want to take on a burden. Life is to short (at this point).
1. You are currently an avid-active walker-hiker, who would enjoy a walking companion.
2. You are financially secure and do not have a problem paying your own way. I am looking for a traveling partner, not a paid companion.
3. You like dogs/cats and include them in hiking-walking outings
4. You are comfortable with yourself and do not need to be entertained by others, however, you enjoy company when appropriate. You are flexible on travel accommodations (ie camping or staying at less than first class motels on occasion)
5. You have limited "family" obligations, such as needy children (grown obviously), grandchildren or parents needing constant care.
6. You have at a minimum 4 year college degree and worked in an executive/professional capacity most of your life.
7. While I am not adverse to religion, I am not interested in active participation in such.