Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Hi I'm Offie (sounds like coffee), yes thats my "real name" that my
mother gave me, yes my real mother.
As you can see i like to ride my bike(s) a lot.
I'm an experiential type of person; i like experiences and you have
to experience me.
I'm a gemini and i think the idea of duality is applicable to me. A
lot of people associate the word "two-faced" with Geminis for some
reason, to me it represents a dynamism. The ability to be technical
and creative, introverted and at times extroverted, athletic and
intellectual. Between any two points are an infinite number of
points, i think Geminis inhabit that infinite-pointed space. Maybe
it's just me, i inhabit that space.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
- After 4 years of working in a private high school as an IT
professional, digital arts teacher and MTB coach, i left, worked as
a freelance techie, bike messenger and now manage technology for a
small Oakland based consultancy. I'm cool with that.
- Have you ever wanted to join a fixed gear bike gang? j/k we're a
- Filming people on bikes
- Editing videos and photos
- Riding bikes - everywhere all the time.
- offieclark.com j/k it's not up yet
- Working on a plan for a youth development cycling team in
Oakland, getting people on bikes, riding those bikes with
- Trying to find a semblance of peace.
- Mountain Biking, rock climbing, yoga are kind of on the
backburner but you can convince me to go every once in a while.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- Being a low match percentage with Brown Girls. Sup with
-Being mediocre at a whole lot of shit
- Endurance activities
- Fixing your bike
- Using Photoshop for evil.
- Being direct
- Motivating people to do stuff that i'm already psyched
- Explaining technology to your mother.
- Outdoors; I am awesome at the outdoors.
- Shading with a gel pen
- knowing when to use a list vs. paragraph format.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
i hope people notice my passion for cycling and outdoor
But it's probably my hair.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
The only thing i watch on "TV" is the Daily Show and now Nightly
with Larry Wilmore, he's so much better on his own. Lately, I am
watching a lot of documentaries on ancient cultures and buddhism. I
also watch a lot of action sports videos to analyze the editing and
videography and because i like action sports.
I love Italian, Indian, Japanese, Soul Food, middle
eastern/mediterranean food. Lets make some. I have been cooking a
lot more lately experimenting with foods my mother and grandmother
used to make. I make a mean lasagna. I love olives and
I'd rather talk about this in context rather than just list every
thing i've ever enjoyed in the realm of culture. Because i am
complex and my tastes change; i can tell you why i liked
Existential Novels when i was a teenager. We can break down the
evolution of hip hop and talk about our favorite artists from each
era and why; We can eat curried things and jerk things and BBQ and
Pho and try to name the ingredients. We can explore the flavors of
post-colonial crises in Postcolonial African novels. We can talk
about what Octavia Butler and Andre 3000 have in common.
We can talk about the relationship of social justice, equality and
economics in light of the recent social protests. But do we have to
start with that? All the time?
I'd rather talk about why the Boondocks is preachy and overwrought
or how the internet works, the Rise of the Huns and your favorite
science fiction novel, rather than listing my credentials and
telling you what po-dunk town in North Carolina my Grandfather is
from. We can get to that.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
- Pen and Paper (is that two?)
- Midnite - my favorite band ever
- black beans
- a really great day pack.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- fixed gear video shoots
- the industrial hemp industry
- bike parts
- am i mostly damaged or partially salvageable.
- the future
- what light is doing when it enters your camera
- Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
- editing videos/photos
- Riding my bike (Bike Party or otherwise)
- Keeping it low key
- Prepping to go on a trip
- Looking at art on the canvas of our town/city from the seat of a
bike, probably with some beers and herbs in my pack.
Couple Fridays ago i took some of the young guys from our bike club
to scout a spot for a race we are planning. This past Friday i did
Bike Party, got drunk, did some fixie tricks, climbed on a pirate
ship and went home.
Lately i have not been super motivated to go and hang out late into
the night in dark crowded rooms; alternative activities ensue.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Sometimes my house shakes back and forth like a small earth quake
and i check usgs.gov and it's NEVER an earth quake.
What. Is. That?
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- you actually have time to spend with another person.
- You are looking to hang out and be friends.
- You are active and unpretentious
- You are positive and creative.
Thats pretty simple, right?
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.