Here’s my take on the major things you are probably interested in about someone you might want to meet. Strap on your seatbelt…Houston, we are preparing to launch… 3…2…1…have a blast! Or a good laugh!
1. What are your commitments in life?
- Honoring my word in all things big and small
- Loving, passionate relationship, the kind other people would die for
- My daughter
- Great friendships (I collect lifetime friends, trying to get the whole set)
- Make a profound and lasting difference for what’s possible in life with human beings (see volunteer work)
- Explore much of the vast world we live in
- Live fit and healthy, highly related to being present in life NOW
2. What are you looking for on this dating site? (Answers that important question, is he a good match for me? After all, isn’t it all about me? lol)
- Meeting a real person that has a commitment to straight communication
- A PARTNER in life (as opposed to a co-dependent with mutually compatible incompletions?).
- Someone up to something in life as evidenced by what you actually do, have done, and have planned—not what you say you want “someday” (have you ever noticed, someday never comes?).
- Someone PASSIONATE about love and sex, willing to ask for what you want.
- Successful in life and career, self-sufficient financially.
- Loves loves loves the outdoors: you have actually done some of the following: hike (bonus: 14’ers), bike (bonus: have done road tour trips), backpack (not just one nighters, bonus: hot springs trips), multi-day raft/canoe trips, ski/snowshoe (bonus: hut to hut trips), sail (bonus: have been a live-aboard), rock climb (25 years, quit, ready to start again, need partner). Love to travel abroad (bonus: have lived abroad).
- You have a commitment to fitness to support those activities (you don’t have to be a gym rat, just fit).
- VERY important: in conflict resolution you talk it out, looking from “what am I responsible for here?” If you just want to make your partner wrong, and have drawn out drama, I’m not an opening for that.
- I’m not interested in an on-line relationship. If we’re both still interested after a couple messages, I’ll want to talk on the phone to a real you, and if we’re still interested, meet face to face.
3. What’s your life situation, as in are you a good prospect for me? (job or video game guru extraordinaire?)
- Had a 15 year career in high tech as a working mathematician, implementing artificial intelligence solutions in software. (Are you impressed? Warning label: ain’t so great being married to someone driven by having to be the smartest dork in the room. Don’t worry, I own that now! Lol ).
- Lost a lot in the past five years (divorce and economy). Now rebuilding: real estate investing company, new business investing in court judgments, two hobby companies (Dragonbreathgames.com: creating strategy board games, and BlueGooseCanoeStuff.com: canoe sails developed over many expedition canoe trips). I’m also starting involvement with a company that does transformational courses in businesses: I’ll be marketing, providing personal coaching, and training to lead the courses.
4. What kind of activities do you like and do? (couch potato to Olympic athlete)
- You got the outdoor stuff earlier.
- Love to play strategy board games. Please tell me you recognize some of these: Settlers of Cataan, Powergrid, Carcasonne, Ticket to Ride, Railways of the World, Puerto Rico, Smallworld, various railroad games…
- Can cook a seven course French dinner, plumb & wire a house, play blues on my sax, speak in front of 200 people, dive a reef, climb 5.10, and give you a facial massage that might have you throw an O.
- Cuddle up and watch a great movie (bonus: in sexy lingerie. You? Me? Both? Lol) I don’t watch TV shows though, hardly ever.
- Being of service. I volunteer doing transformational education courses for teens and young people around the country.
- Hot tub (love to start the morning with a tub)
5. What are your views on love and sex?
- You are my goddess and I will treat you that way.
- Flowers, candlelight dinners, little surprise notes, that kind of yummy stuff.
- Surprise passionate kisses & hugs, stop to “be with” each other, love shows up in the practice of it.
- Plan occasional evenings for romance and sensuality. Might look like candles and bubble bath with cabernet and dark chocolate…music…full body massage in front of the fireplace…my greatest delight is to give you pleasure. Really. That turns me on incredibly. Almost anything we both want to explore is fair game in bed (I draw the line at pain though).
6. What is your sense of humor like?
- If you haven’t got it by now…
7. What about rug rats?
- I have a 13 year old daughter with me on weekends.
- Ladies, if you have kids in the 8+ range, that is a BONUS for me, not a drawback. I love experiencing “family”, and I’m not going to have new kids (I’d be 70 by the time they’re out of the house!).
8. What are your long term goals?
- Hiking the Inca Trail & Machu Picchu this summer
- Week long canoe trip on the Green River this summer
- Burning Man this summer (2nd time)
- Rebuild a small fortune over the next six years (that’s when my daughter turns 18).
- Return to the sailboat (it’s in Honduras) and sail the south Pacific for a few years.
- Make up what’s next after that.
Excellent references available from ex-wife! Lol