I love cats, books, fencing, weightlifting, languages, and video games. I'll try anything twice and love learning to enjoy new things.
I have been described as "a hairy lesbian" (by multiple partners), "an actual wizard" (by my students), and "prone to tangents" (by anyone who has come within earshot of me).
Feel free to peruse my FetLife (also gentle_coda) and Tumblr (sleepysamurai.tumblr.com)
To pay the bills, I teach programming, do contract web development & curriculum writing, and sell nerdy shit that I design.
Shows: Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Firefly, and Scrubs will always be a little magical to me. I enjoyed Lost, Black Books, Sense8, Orphan Black, and a host of others, too. I've been linearly working through my first viewing of X-Files over the past year or so; I'm up to Season 7 and I think Scully & Mulder have one of the healthiest relationships ever depicted on American television.
Books: Black Sun Rising by C. S. Friedman, Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins, Accelerando by Charles Stross, Imajica by Clive Barker
1. Japanese jazz-hop
2. Henry Rollins' pecs (I want to be them when I grow up)
3. a cornucopia of sketchbooks and pens and inks and oh
4. queer kinky friends (even though I don't really identify as queer, they're often the only people whom I really feel like myself with)
5. the Container Store
- how to stay woke
- the state of modern web development
- You'll consider laughing at my awful dadjokes
- You want to play Go or League of Legends or Dark Souls
- You want to go draw some burlesque performers at Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School, or hit up a music/comedy show!
- You're at least a little bit genderqueer (or get along well with that crowd)