Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I am snarky and sarcastic, but my heart is too big for my ribcage.
I'm a DIY person, and every day, my hair is a different colour. I
have musical tourette's. I've given up trying to hide the fact that
I'm a nerd. I love Doctor Who, Joss Whedon, and Star Wars. I'm a
vegetarian focused on clean eating. I practice yoga and tai chi,
and meditate twice daily. I believe in the Oxford Comma. I think
it's easier to explain why you hate something than why you love it.
Someday, I want a library (with a ladder) because, yes, bitches
love libraries. I think that people should make promises instead of
resolutions and stop being so hard on themselves. I'm almost thirty
and sometimes I still suck at being an adult. I'll always be my
father's little Matilda. I write at least 750 words daily. I love
Hall and Oates without irony. I easily lose track of time, but
rarely run late.
I can't decide whether owls or foxes are my totem animal. The
number of owls in my house suggests otherwise. I am trying to
become a more organized person. The piles of crap on my bedroom
floor suggest otherwise.
You want me on your trivia team. You'll probably try to steal one
of my cats. You'll probably think I'm an Apple snob (I am). You
definitely want to try my baked goods.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
- working on various writing projects.
- studying herbalism.
- reading as many books as I can.
- knitting things on par with your grandma's best work. (Mostly a
gigantic quilt made of tiny little puffs.)
- starting my own business.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- finishing my sister's sentences.
- making awkward situations worse.
- playing the wing man.
- knowing when I'm being lied to.
- making playlists.
- knowing what you meant to say before you changed your mind and
said something else.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
- Jane Austen, Dave Eggers, Aimee Bender, Chuck Klosterman,
- Annie Hall, Reality Bites, periods pieces, anything with Colin
- Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, Bob's Burgers, anything Joss
- Elliott Smith, The Great Lake Swimmers, Bob Dylan, anything that
came out before 1998.
- I'm a veggie.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
- pen and paper
- my family and friends.
- a good book.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- when I'm EVER going to use algebra in my writing career.
- "Do I really need to use a comma there?"
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Netflix and writing/crafting.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Not private, but interesting:
- I'm related to John Wilkes Booth AND Aaron Burr. Fear my genetic
- Elijah Wood is afraid of one of my friends.
- I would marry Zooey Deschanel in a heartbeat.
- I sing along loudly to NKOTB.
- Sometimes, I'm afraid I'll die alone with too many cats.
- I own dice with more than six sides.
- There are times where I can be really, really gross. And not in
the cute way.
- I let my cat hang out in the bathroom while I shower. He digs the
- I still have a very childlike streak. I love children's movies
and still colour because it helps me relax.
*I recently found out that I'm also related to a family of Parisian
murderers. Way back, kind of Lizzy Borden-style.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- You bear any resemblance to Colin Firth.
- You can write a vignette about the Time War.
- You have a seriously amazing beard.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.