1) You did not vote for Mitt Romney.
2) You are pro-choice.
• Fabulous. (compared to Newt Gingrich)
• Short, fat, and poor. (compared to Brad Pitt)
• Tie-loathing explorer. (endlessly curious)
• Not hip or trendy. (trust me)
• Not a floozy. (loyal as a spaniel)
• Unconventional (rebel without a clue)
• Nature lover. (not Tarzan)
• Not a pirate. (no earrings)
• Informed. (curious and current)
• Enlightened traditional values. (I get it)
• Don't suffer fools. (you get it)
• Not a herd animal. (introvert, three is a crowd)
• Mostly morning person. (sunny side up)
• Sane. Sober. Sensible. (and cerebral)
• Rarely drink (a few drinks a year)
• Been/done global. (air travel is humiliating, no interest in more)
• Wide range of interests (science, politics, history, cool stuff)
• Not the country club type, no golf, no tennis (don't have the clothes)
• I don't need to be entertained.
• I don't spin plates.
• I know what I want. I know what I need. And I know the difference.
You ---- Seriously smart, grounded, interesting, and ready to rock the boat a little.
• Not Republican (important).
• Not zoomy new age type (you are a rational grownup and DO NOT take seriously: astrology, voodoo, magic crystals, past lives, etc.).
• Girl-next-door with depth (you are more than meets the eye).
• Smart (curious about the world, history, nature).
• Grounded (quirky is good, crazy is not good).
• Sense of humor, dry *required*.
• National Geographic sense of wonder.
• You know how to read a map (not kidding).
• Brains count, degrees don't.
• You don't need to be entertained (by me).
• You don't have seven parrots.
• You don't expect me to rope cattle.
You are a REAL grownup with TIME for relationship, a SANE sense of adventure, the FREEDOM for UN-planned weekend expeditions, and OPEN to all night conversations 'til dawn's early light...
Most Important... You have good taste in men. If you have a long history of losers, I'm not your type.
Relationship... No rush. We share what works, don’t push what doesn’t. Over time we build the kind of relationship that works for both of us. Exclusive. Long term. No pouting.
More About Moi:
Not the Starbucks type (trendy), a little rusty in the romance department, and no plans for a life altering makeover. I'm good -- as is.
Humor is my salvation. After the first fifty years most of the big deal gut-wrenchers are behind you and life gets sweet. The trick now is to find a point of view that brings the important stuff into sharp focus. And pushes the nonsense into the blurry background. I've found that place.
I'm solid, understated, introspective, street wise, global aware, philosophic point of view, independent thinker, irreverent, intuitive, comfortable with silence, unboring, and loyal as a puffin.
I live a quiet life in the foothills of the Berkshires. Country living fits my style and I like the pace. Unhurried.
Divorced 18 years... one daughter 35, launched. We are better than best friends. Ask her.
Not born yesterday... six years U.S. Navy, nuclear submarines. Lived in Spain under Franco, Hawaii under Nixon. August '69 while you were at Woodstock, I was in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Seen enough of the world to know how it works. Cultures are different, people are people.
Politics... it matters. Allergic to pious religious-right types (hives). No patience for bigots, or loud mouths like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, and Beck. The ACLU is a good thing. And if you voted for Mitt Romney, I am not your guy.
Enjoy... history, art, science, ideas, meaningful conversation, and all things Victorian/Edwardian. Love to meet someone who knows a thing or two about “The Age of Innocence” (a la Edith Wharton). Which, btw, was anything but.
Weekends... exploring rides to nowhere (from Stockbridge to Rockport), sunrise from Greylock, New England photo shoots, laid back country inn where everyone walks around in their socks, mountain bike the back roads (i brake for caterpillars), long walks, musing talks, rainy day movies, NPR, Garrison Keillor, c-span's bookTV, snoozy reading, moonlight in Vermont, moody music, dancing in the dark, lusty wine, and glacial pace dinners with lots of wandering conversation...
Love to visit historic homes with an interesting (or scandalous) story and loads of character: Emily Dickinson home in Amherst, John Ashley House in Ashley Falls, Naumkeag in Stockbridge, and William Cullen Bryant homestead in Commington are just a few.
Truth Builds Trust... and saves time and disappointment. My age is correct. My words are true. My pictures are recent and representative. And yours are too.
More Truth -- I have no interest in:
..... loud mouths,
..... board games,
..... practical jokes,
..... noisy neon glitz (casinos),
..... zoomy new age 'alternative' types (astrology, voodoo, psychic friends, etc.)