1) You did not vote for Mitt Romney.
2) You are pro-choice.
3) You know how to read a map.
4) You understand I have no interest in playing cards or board games.
5) You DO NOT believe in astrology. Even a little bit.
• Fabulous. (compared to Newt Gingrich)
• Short, fat, and poor. (compared to Brad Pitt)
• Tie-loathing explorer. (endlessly curious)
• Not hip or trendy. (trust me)
• Not a floozy. (loyal as a spaniel)
• Unconventional (rebel without a clue)
• Nature lover. (not Tarzan)
• Not a pirate. (no earrings)
• Informed. (curious and current)
• Enlightened traditional values. (I get it)
• Don't suffer fools. (you get it)
• Not a herd animal. (introvert, three is a crowd)
• Mostly morning person. (sunny side up)
• Sane. Sober. Sensible. (and cerebral)
• Rarely drink (a few drinks a year)
• Been/done global. (air travel is humiliating, no interest in more)
• Wide range of interests (science, politics, history, cool stuff)
• Not the country club type, no golf, no tennis (don't have the clothes)
• I don't need to be entertained.
• I don't spin plates.
You ---- Seriously smart, closet tomboy, dry sense of humor with an edge. In other words, you are drop-dead interesting.
• Brains count, degrees don't.
• Grounded (quirky is good, crazy is not good).
• National Geographic sense of wonder.
• You don't have seven parrots.
• You don't expect me to rope cattle.
You are a REAL grownup with TIME for relationship, a SANE sense of adventure, the FREEDOM for UN-planned weekend expeditions, and OPEN to all night conversations 'til dawn's early light...
Most Important... You have good taste in men. If you have a long history of losers, I'm not your type.
Relationship... No rush. We share what works, don’t push what doesn’t. Over time we build the kind of relationship that works for both of us. Exclusive. Long term. No pouting.
Not born yesterday... six years U.S. Navy, nuclear submarines. Lived in Spain under Franco, Hawaii under Nixon. August '69 while you were at Woodstock, I was in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Seen enough of the world to know how it works. Cultures are different, people are people.
Enjoy... history, art, science, ideas, meaningful conversation, and all things Victorian/Edwardian. Love to meet someone who knows a thing or two about “The Age of Innocence” (a la Edith Wharton). Which, btw, was anything but.
Weekends... exploring rides to nowhere (from Stockbridge to Rockport), sunrise from Greylock, New England photo shoots, laid back country inn where everyone walks around in their socks, mountain bike the back roads (i brake for caterpillars), long walks, musing talks, rainy day movies, NPR, Garrison Keillor, c-span's bookTV, snoozy reading, moonlight in Vermont, moody music, dancing in the dark, lusty wine, and glacial pace dinners with lots of wandering conversation...
Truth Builds Trust... and saves time and disappointment. My age is correct. My words are true. My pictures are dated.
More Truth -- I have no interest in:
..... loud mouths,
..... board games,
..... practical jokes,
..... noisy neon glitz (casinos),
..... zoomy new age 'alternative' types (astrology, voodoo, psychic friends, yadda..)