New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
46 • Boston, MA • Woman
I’m looking for
- Ages 35–49
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Online now!
- 5′ 5″ (1.65m)
- Body type
- Agnosticism, but not too serious about it
- Virgo, and it’s fun to think about
- Dropped out of Ph.D program
- Strictly monogamous
- Has a kid
- Likes dogs and has cats
- English, French (Poorly), Italian (Poorly), Latin (Poorly)
• I'm pretty good with a snarky one-liner.
• I am logical and level-headed (INTJ), but also can be silly.
• I think in metaphors, so I find abstract math mystifying.
• I snort when I laugh really hard.
• I rescue worms off the sidewalks after rainstorms. (I really do.)
• I'm a professional with a good career.
• I'm a single mother of a 5 year old.
• I like resort towns off season.
• I love old churches in European cities, but I'm an agnostic.
• I enjoy walking all over the place but I'm not a gym bunny.
• I'm a secret geek girl and an unexpected introvert.
• I'm kind, honest, warm, affectionate, and very open.
• I'm a fan of the Oxford comma. (See above.)
• I was educated as an historian but I write for a living.
• I'm very liberal/progressive and a bit of a bleeding heart.
• I'm not into the bar scene, but I do like a nice glass of wine.
• I hate first dates. I like fifth or fiftieth dates much better.
• I play games... but Scrabble or Civ 5, not the head kind.
• I am a city girl. But I could live in the wilderness or a lighthouse island if I had internet and Fedex.
• I wouldn't say I'm immature, but I'm kind of young for my age.
• If I have passion for something I can be fiery, but otherwise I'm sweet and pretty easy to please.
This is a lot about me. I thought about writing about you, but I don't really want to define you that closely. I'd rather you surprise me. My requirements are simple. I want to find you interesting and sexy, and I want you to find me sexy and interesting, too. If you're willing to meet me halfway on everything else, (and you're hoping to date someone that you could fall for and maybe build something with), you're my type.
I'm a true single parent, raising my daughter on my own. I carve out time to date and have adventures, but we might be a challenge for anyone who doesn't like to come into the city a lot, or who is adverse to some nights snuggled in when no sitter is available.
I just finished an incredible novel by Andy Weir called The Martian. It's sort of like Robinson Crusoe meets MacGyver meets Apollo 13. You should read it.
A bit of "alternative", some BritPop, a dose of punk (especially the stuff infused with Irish/Celtic sound), some folk to feed my soul (and even sometimes Americana or alt country!), and some jazz or showtune vocals for sunny Sunday mornings. Ben Lee's "Gamble Everything for Love" sums up my philosophy of love, and I have soft spots for Great Big Sea, Pulp, Edith Piaf, Annette Hanshaw, Arvo Pärt, Imagine Dragons, the Killers, and Jonathan Coulton.
I don't eat much meat, but I'm not opposed to it in theory. I love to cook, but not if I'm eating alone. Then I eat crackers and cheese. =)
I read a lot.
I also will say that although I'm generally very low maintenance, I am a sucker for a classy dress-up date to a nice restaurant.
How to perfect my chocolate chip cookie recipe.
If dropping those extra two letters in the word "you" is really the time saver so many people seem to think it is.
Where you are and why you're taking so long.
I'd *like* my typical Friday nights to involve more traveling for weekends away, exploring new restaurants, cinemas and theatres and museums, hanging out with friends, finding cool out of the way spots, kisses, and laughter in bed.
Hint: I like being a touch kinky/submissive in bed. But you'd better get to know me a little before you bring it up. ;)
I can trust you with my heart.
You have peeked at my question answers and think we'd be compatible or complementary. Oh, and you have a public photo. And I shouldn't have to say this, but don't be married.
...or if you have a good zombie apocalypse survival plan.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.