Find better matches with our advanced matching system
21 / F / Straight / Single
- Last Online
- Aug 7, 2013
- 5′ 7″ (1.70m)
- Body Type
- Atheism, and very serious about it
- Working on university
- Relationship Type
- English, Italian (Fluently), Spanish (Okay)
Movies: The Bourne Identity, X-Men (1, 2, First Class), Another Earth, Star Wars (original trilogy), Back to the Future, Munich, Hero, Memento. These don't have so much in common, except that I sometimes like smart action and sometimes really thoughtful pieces.
Shows: The West Wing, Firefly, House and (guilty pleasure) Degrassi. The first three are for the ridiculously clever dialogue and banter, which I'm a sucker for, and Degrassi for its courage in discussing the darker aspects of high school life.
Blogs (not in the question, but certainly more important to my life than tastes in music and food. I get a great deal of news, information and analysis from reading blogs):
For politics and economics, I go to Ezra Klein's blog, Matt Yglesias's blog, Politico and Five Thirty Eight, as well as the Freakonomics blog.
For feminism, there's Red Light Politics, Sociological Images, the Geek Feminism Blog, the Pervocracy and Tiger Beatdown.
For science and math: Ask a mathematician/ask a physicist, Bad Science, Pharyngula, Science Blog, and PsyBlog.
For rationality and philosophy: Less Wrong, the Atheist Ethicist, Common Sense Atheism, Meteuphoric and Mind Your Decisions.
Food: Vegetarian hippie co-op food, as a friend once said. Quinoa, tofu, kale, lots of stir-fried vegetables. Also omelettes, scones and tomato soup. I like baking bread and flatbreads, and my favorite easy dessert is peanut butter brownies.
Music: Indie femme rock, with random indie-lite I've adopted from my college brethren thrown in - Tegan and Sara, Ani Difranco, Fiona Apple, The Poem Adept, The Decemberists. Also Italian and Spanish pop (Antonello Venditti, Fabrizio Moro, Juanes) and opera (Il Volo, Andrea Bocelli)
- How to get people excited about all of the fascinating ways the world works, through science, math, politics and history
- How to reconcile the social justice community and the rationalist community, which both have admirable goals and should not be at odds
- How much the status quo bias affects the decisions that rational utilitarians make - should we be making calculations and decisions based on how the world is now, or should we be focusing on changing the world to suit us better?
- How to make the search for human knowledge more efficient
- How to make politics more rational
- Feminism, gender and sexual politics
- The anthropic principle. That shit is whack.
- Guys who like girls
- Ages 18–26
- Located anywhere
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
Connect your OkCupid Account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.