I'm really into cooking, soccer, basketball, traveling (near or far), and generally being a badass mofo, you know. I enjoy camping, hiking, waterfall chasing (there are tons of beautiful spots so close by in WNC) and just basically enjoy nature. I went to Florida for school (Go Gators) and have been lucky enough to have done more than my fair share of traveling. I am a really active person and unless I'm under the weather, I'm always looking to do something. I really love astronomy (I'm always down for a nice meteor shower) and find the universe and everything in it fascinating. Stargazing on the Parkway is a big favorite. I am more a math/science-y guy, but the best relationship I ever had was with a poet so I am not a believer of pigeon-holing people. I love meeting new people, so go ahead and give it a shot. What do you have to lose?
I also like to set big goals and work towards them. I know "they" say you should set small goals, so you feel that sense of accomplishment when you achieve them. However, Confucius say "journey more important than destination". Or maybe that was the fortune cookie I had last week. Either way, fortune cookie is greater than Confucius who is much, much greater than "they", so...
up to date on ASOIAF series. a great read
Music: reggae, blues guitar, spanish guitar, 90s rock, 70s rock (Foreigner, Journey), Josh Groban, chill electronica, classical, r&b (like Craig David)... pretty much anything except for country/bluegrass (sorry!) my SIRIUS radio dial is frequently busy. Always interested in new stuff, live music, or checking out someone's Last.fm profile
Aloe Blacc's "Wake Me Up" was my favorite song of '13 (and what a great video. if you can watch that and not feel something, we are definitely not compatible)
- A Knight's Tale: my guilty pleasure
- Gattaca: the best kind of scifi
- Vicky Christina Barcelona: Juan Antonio, you're my hero
- First Knight: I love Richard Gere (and his awesome hair) in this movie
- (500) Days of Summer: " Darling... I don't know how to tell you this, but... there's a Chinese family in our bathroom."
- Captain Ron: like a fine wine, it only gets better with age, and why is that, Captain Ron? "nobody knows!"
I love getting an entire season on DVD/netflix and watching it, as I find this is the best way to appreciate a series and pick up the subtle details the writers intended. My favorite shows include:
The Mentalist (pre Red John fiasco), Game of Thrones, Dexter, Firefly, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, LOST, True Detective, and Real Time with Bill Maher
I love to cook and try new things (I've had my share of bombs but there is nothing like knocking one out of the park). Wanna swap recipes? An older woman once had a foodgasm over my cheesecake... true story.
2. My badass computer, built by yours truly
3. My aviators (that's affirmative ghostrider)
4. Perogies & sour cream (not one w/out the other please)
5. Hot showers
6. Musica in all of its forms
I didn't really need air anyway
And girls, too. I am a guy after all.
- You want to show me first hand why women are better than men at...
- You can point out 2 constellations in the night sky
- You know the first rule of flying (according to Captain Malcolm Reynolds anyway)
- You want to learn/practice a foreign language together
- You like to watch soccer matches and yell "GOAL" at the screen (in espanol no less)
- You need a stripper for your next bachelorette party (I work for cupcakes, lemon with white frosting and sprinkles... mmm, sprinkles).
(of course none of these are mandatory, "they're more like guidelines" as Gibbs said to Will Turner)
Long story short (too late!)... if you *are* interested, just send me a message and I will 100% respond.