Short version: There is none!
I spend my days gaming or reading or marathoning a bunch of shows, or doing all three at the same time. My gaming genre of choice are RPGs, JRPGs, and MMORPGs. Sometimes I play Team Fortress 2 (Pyro & Soldier) when I’m forced by my friends only to continuously die as I embarrass myself among the veterans and my comrades. I’m not a noob but I do admit that many times I display incredibly noobish tendencies (IRL and in game) especially when playing First-Person Shooters. I do love playing games with engaging and interesting storylines (must be the writer in me) that sometimes I’ve been known to turn into a miserable pile of tears, snot, and failing emotions as I continue to click away until the game ends.
I am a huge fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson; his bow-tie senpai, Bill Nye The Science Guy; Michio Kaku, Carl Sagan, etc. It would be nice to meet people like them but normal intellectuals will do too, I guess. I’m interested in anything you have to say about science, evolution, space, time, time-travel, the String Theory, whatever. Those are really fun topics for me aside from the ones pointed in the first paragraph. Ha!
To deter people from talking to me in the most horrendous manner (grammatically or otherwise) I’m just going to list a couple of random things about me and things I dislike:
1) I don’t like people messaging me using atrocious grammar which may include but is not limited to: an abundance of unnecessary and misplaced punctuation marks, text speak, improper capitalization, the use of sticky caps, etc.
2) I am borderline OCD which is probably why I like things to be in order including grammar and the use of language (If you’re going to talk to me in Tagalog just use bloody Tagalog with proper grammar and spelling. I detest Jejenese/Jejemon speech).
3) I’m an introvert so I’m not good with small talk and I lose interest immediately if the topic trails off. I have a very short attention span. Also, I don’t know what to do about messages containing only “Hi’s” and “Hey’s.” Messaging me with a pick-up line will also get you nowhere since I shudder at the very sight of the spectacle.
4) For something absolutely random, I’m just going to say that I’m a bit of cynic.
5) I’m agnostic and an evolutionist with special interest in the occult.
6) I don’t like homophobic people, sexists, racists, and bigots. I am an advocate of equal rights for all.
I'm going to be very frank but if you don't like science and if you don't believe in evolution then please go elsewhere. If you came to my page to argue with me then you’re not going to get anywhere since I don’t like to waste my time arguing with complete strangers.
According to many online quizzes I've taken (recently Buzzfeed's) I am Chaotic Neutral which means I am one with my spirit animals; Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time and Gollum from LOTR.
NOTE: This is an adult page so if you're uncomfortable with using words like "Mortgage," "Taxes," or "Briefcase" then I suggest we part ways immediately.
I applied for a Master's Degree in Anthropology (I want to focus on Digital Anthropology) and let's just see first how it turns out.
I'm trying to do as many things as I can while I'm young and able since I feel like I might die anytime soon without having accomplished anything and it saddens me.
Faking a British Accent (especially when I'm tipsy or drunk)
Observing people (it's more like a hobby than being something I'm good at but I guess you get better when you always do something. It's not entirely useful though)
As for books, let me mention authors instead: Jeanette Winterson, Neil Gaiman, Albert Camus, Joseph Campbell, Salman Rushdie, Jeffrey Eugenides, Toni Morrison, Lourd de Veyra, Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Douglas Adams, J.D. Salinger, John Green, Ransom Riggs, Camille Paglia, J.R.R Tolkien, Terry Pratchet, Wislawa Szymborska, Czeslow Milosz, Sylvia Plath, Harold Bloom, Emily Dickinson, G.R.R. Martin, Isaac Asimov, Junji Ito, Kago Shintarou, Kubo Tite, a lot of comic books, mangas and graphic novels, etc.
Shows: Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Hannibal, True Detectives, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., True Blood, Brain Games, 2 Broke Girls, Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey, House, Charmed, Heroes, Community, American Horror Story, The Big Bang Theory, PBS Idea Channel (Youtube), PBS Offbook (Youtube), The Big Think (Youtube), My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Adventure Time, The Regular Show, The Adventures of Gumball, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avatar: The Legend of Aang, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Full Metal Alchemist, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kill la Kill, Kyoukai no Kanata, Hyouka, Gin no Saiji, Noragami, Danganronpa, Welcome to Night Vale, etc.
Movies: Pacific Rim, Pan's Labyrinth, Virgin Suicides, Memento, Inception, Shutter Island, The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End), Paperman, Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead, Turn Left-Turn Right, Cinema Paradiso, The Tin Drum, Like Water for Chocolate, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Star Trek, Starwars, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, The Shinning, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Bernie, Mr. Nobody, Grand Budapest Hotel, Suspiria, Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds, Pulp Fiction, Let the Right One In, The Sound of My Voice, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Cabin in the Woods, The Prestige, V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 500 Days of Summer, Sintel, Indie movies, animation shorts, old movies, Disney, Dreamworks, etc.
3. Manga/Comic Books/Graphic Novel
4. The things I'm currently watching
5. My books
6. WiFi (ok, so I can probably live without wifi but it's like a drug. I'd probably go into withdrawal or something)
Things that people don't usually think about.
Things that will most likely never happen (like a zombie apocalypse, the immediate decline of humanity, etc.)
How I was born too late to join an expedition to explore the earth and too early to join an expedition to explore the known universe.
I'm no fun
- You like to engage in intellectual conversations, you have fun doing mental exercises, or if you like to just talk about science.
- You have the same fandoms as me!