Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Some fun facts about me:
1. My favorite thing in life is getting as far away from
civilization as possible on a clear, moonless night and starring at
the sky. So far the Outer Banks of North Carolina have the best
night sky I've ever seen, but I'm always looking for better.
2. My second favorite thing in life is getting hopelessly lost
running in a place I've never been before, and finding my way
3. I've given two TED talks. (If you dig around you might be able
to find the video. I'm the handsome, curly haired guy talking about
4. I averaged .6 degrees a year at UPenn.
5. I ride a motorcycle. (Go ahead check the bad boy box on your
6. Whenever I ride a motorcycle I wear full protective gear (and
now erase the check)
7. If NASA asked for volunteers for a one way mission to Mars, I
would go without hesitation. (Not that there's anything wrong with
life here, but how can you say no to that?)
8. I remind everyone of someone they know.
9. I can design and build complex mechatronic systems. Wait, this
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Working long hours and weekends building my company. Working on the
family farms when needed.
Running every day I can. Training for the end of the world, half
marathons, and tough mudders (a half marathon with extra pain and
Taking time off to relax and hang out with friends and meet new
people whenever possible.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
Cooking eggs, witty banter, slip n' sliding, driving tractors,
grilling, smoking (food), learning new things, making things,
seeing the future
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Once they get past my rugged good looks and obvious charm, people
usually notice that I'm very humble.
Other people say they notice my dry sense of humor, but I don't see
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
I don't read as much for fun as I used to, but when I do I like
sci-fi, fantasy, brain science, and physics.
I'll watch just about anything, but I don't know if anything can
compare to the golden age of hilariously awesome action movies in
the mid to late 90's.
My current favorites are Archer, Community, Mad Men, and almost
every show on HBO. I also have a slight problem with getting sucked
into old series on Netflix and trying to watch them as quickly as
humanly possible. Jericho was the latest casualty. (Great show by
I'm not too picky, and I'm always looking for new bands to check
out. I tend to rockier side of the spectrum (Muse, O.A.R., Weezer
(their older stuff)). I also like some techno (Ratata, Daft Punk).
I know that it's hilariously stereotypical for my demographic, but
I love 80's rock, there I said it.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
1. My running shoes
2. Something to write with
3. Something to write on
4. New places to go
5. Important things to do
6. Time to breathe every now and again
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
How basic grammar became a proper indicator of intelligence. Don't
get me wrong, its nice, but it's hardly conclusive. Ladies, if you
demand proper grammar in your "message me if" section, you should
take it a step further. Here are some suggestions.
- Ask us to identify the elemental building blocks of DNA.
- Make us solve a nasty differential equation.
- Ask us what the proper feeds and speeds are for a .5 inch
titanium rougher cutting aluminum.
- Demand that we message you in binary.
- Ask us to explain special and/or general relativity.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Couple of possibilities
- Hanging out with friends, grabbing a beer, or watching a
- Headed down the shore for the weekend.
- Still caught up in something from work that I just can't put
- Taking it easy and going to sleep early after a long week.
- Fighting crime as my masked alter ego.
One of these isn't true. (Hint: I don't actually sleep)
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I have a real weakness for romantic comedies. The cheesier the
premise, the more cliche the characters the better. If you ask me
watch one, I'll have to protest on principle and suggest an awesome
mid-90's action movie instead, but secretly, I'll be totally into
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
I have constructed a 63 point matrix of compatibility, covering all
of the important stuff from board game preferences to Halloween
costume compatibility. If you score less than 5, we probably
shouldn't talk. 5-10, you may rate me 5 stars and wait for my
response. 10 and above, feel free to message me. The list is as
1. You didn't really think there was going to be a list, did
2. Yes, some of you sound this silly in your message me if
3. Seriously though, feel free to message me if you'd like to.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.