I'm a happy guy who likes new experiences and perspectives. I strongly believe in high fives, infectious laughter, and all four ninja turtles.
Some other stuff:
- I grew up all over, from Alabama to New York with a few more places in between.
- Perhaps relatedly, I love road trips.
- I've had a few different jobs from grass-roots development to corporate finance, and at one point spent a year living on an island teaching kids math and music, which was pretty cool.
- I'm addicted to newspapers, journals and biographies.
- I really like lists.
- I'm pro-hot sauce, anti-defamation, and somewhat ambivalent on souvenir snowglobes.
- I'm never sarcastic. That's not true.
- I have a really deep voice that scares only some people.
What I’m doing with my life
I made the jump to SF a couple years ago after finishing up grad school on the east coast getting way too many degrees. Since then I've been conquering my hood one burrito at a time while working on issues I care about (as a consultant - generic job title, check). I also love comedy and especially watching and performing improv. Apparently I am also in a writing-fairly-long-answers-to-'what i'm doing with my life'-prompts phase.
I’m really good at
exploring. staring contests. bananagrams.
The first things people usually notice about me
is that I am carefully observing and cataloging their first
impressions of me for future statistical reference.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Newspapers and literature. Good music, especially live. Sunday
coffee, football and the NYT. Cormac McCarthy. Colbert. Bagels,
craft beer and Mexican food. Improv. L'Auberge Espagnole. Immense
amounts of laughter with great friends.
The six things I could never do without
2) friend's couches
4) new ideas
5) the ability to wander
I spend a lot of time thinking about
the way things work - from foreign affairs to green turbine
manufacturing. other time-consuming considerations include bad
puns, netflix queuing, absolute truths and optimal sandwich
On a typical Friday night I am
getting some food and wine with amazing amigos.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I have a username from a late 90s teen movie. And so can you.
You should message me if
you take life seriously but prefer to be silly. If you have a
curious mind and enjoy the good stuff: new ideas and experiences,
solid laughs, and doing right by others.