By day, I am a computer programmer. By night, I am a cartoon-watching, comic reading, D&D playing, video game playing (and making), music composing geek. I'm looking for someone who shares my passions, or at least is willing to tolerate them, as they are abundant and an important part of keeping myself sane.
Beyond that, I like to think that I am a decent, courteous person. I have two cats, a lot of stuff, and live in Summerlin in a house that I own and love.
Movies: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead. Adaptation. Lost in Translation.
Music: Prog Metal! That means Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Pain of Salvation, Symphony X, Opeth, Tool, Devin Townsend, etc. I also enjoy the lighter side of Prog, such as Spock's Beard, Enchant, Porcupine Tree and others.
Food: Almost anything but lemons. Lemons are evil.
* Some way to record my thoughts and ideas, such as a computer or old-fashioned notebook (writing implement included)
Those are the two most important to me, and would go nuts if I didn't have them on the hypothetical desert island situation. Four other things that are important in my life:
* my cats
* books to read
* my allergy pills
* a good, solid pair of hiking boots. Blisters are no fun.
Why are my cats not in the top two? Well, if we are talking about some truly dire situation, like being stranded on a desert island, I would prefer that they were happy at home with someone else taking care of them than suffering with me. If we are instead talking about having to lose everything I own to a fire, then they would be the first things I save.
* Architecting video game engines and tools pipelines to make it easy on artists, designers and programmers to do their work
* The music that's playing in my head.
* with my new job, server architectures and the future of personal communication.