Find better matches with our advanced
30 • M • Oxford, UK
I’m looking for
- Straight girls only
- Ages 22–32
- Located anywhere
- Who are single
- For new friends, short-term dating
- Last Online
- Aug 19
- 6′ 1″ (1.85m)
- Body Type
- Mostly vegetarian
- Science / Engineering
- Rather not say
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t want kids
- English (Fluently)
My original ambition was to wear a lab coat and fire lasers into things to see what happens because LASERS. Failing that, solar panels. Solar panels are magic. Sadly, what they don't tell you about science is that it's not all lasers and secret formulas and eighty-eight miles per hour. It's mostly (and by that I mean entirely) maths. And that's terrible.
My secondary ambition is to write, but as I read more and more I become less and less sanguine about the prospect of ever writing anything worthwhile, so I have reduced the ambition to just being Bernard Black.
It could also possibly be my accent. I'm from Oxford. I can't help it.
American barista: "Say, where are you guys from, anyway?"
My friend: "England"
Barista: "I heard guys from England before - they didn't sound like you."
Me: "Er, we're from Oxford. It's a bit different."
Friend: "Yeah, even other English people make fun of us".
I mean, really, what?
I like movies that are in languages I don't understand which I leave not knowing entirely what happened.
I can eat my bodyweight in pistachio nuts, and have done on several distinct occasions.
On some days I like everything. on others, I don't like very much at all.
* Nice, proper books, which are well printed and properly bound, as if you're having to worry about the type rubbing off or wrestling with the spine then you're always going to be distracted.
* Hot running water. I like showers that assault you. I always end up living in places which have showers that dribble on you. Life is not fair.
* Cold, outdoorsy water. Lakes, rivers or even - joy of joys, the sea - good for the soul. You can't be properly medative when overlooking a cornfield. Seriously. Try it. Boriiiiiiiiiing.
* Lime juice cordial. It keeps the scurvy at bay, you see.
* This is hard.
* I'll come back later.
I have been known to make passes at girls who wear glasses. Especially if they have short hair.
You will always find me in the kitchen at parties. Generally doing the washing up.
You enjoy ducks (in a afternoon-at-the-park sense more than a crispy-with-pancakes sense)
You would like a conversation high in whimsy with no discernable point.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.