Help your potential matches find common interests.
Books: Mostly classic authors such as Mark Twain, Eugene O'neill,
Jack London, Dorothy Parker, Aldous Huxley, Philip K. Dick,
Hemingway, etc. One of my favorites is Somerset Maugham's Moon
& Sixpence - damn, what a book.
Shows: The IT Crowd, Brass Eye, Breaking Bad, Moonshiners,
Frontline, PBS Newshour, C-SPAN (seriously) and Book TV. Oh, I
almost forgot about Hardcore Pawn, both Detroit and Chicago, maybe
because I've been familiar with that side of life for 20+
Movies: Lawrence of Arabia, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, District 9,
Stanley Kubrick, Wall-E, Being There, The Cell, Werner Herzog,
older Woody Allen. I love going to the Cinerama, Seattle is VERY
lucky to have it.
- As long as it's well-done I like: Punk, Metal, Classical, Blues,
Jazz, Country, Progressive / Art Rock, Electronic, Experimental,
Ethnic / Traditional, Street Music, Bluegrass, etc.
When I'm listening to music on my own I mostly use TuneIn to find
international stations that play authentic music, though not
necessarily traditional. Some of the worst sides of western music
have affected the uniqueness of local expression all over the
globe, and I seek original voice. That being said, I love some of
the hybridization and seek out 60s and 70s music from Africa, Asia,
etc. Crazy good shit.
- You name it, more or less. I was vegetarian in the past and
occasionally consider quitting meat, I've been eating less of it in
- Thai (especially Isaan), Japanese, American, Moroccan, Indian,
Ethiopian, Latin (ceviche, beans and rice, Tijuana-style
- I've been known to eat EXTREMELY spicy things
- STRONG straight coffee, either drip/Chemex/press or Americano,
- Beer - I'm kind of in special occasions mode but definitely have
some beer knowledge.
- Whisky - As with beer, I go more for quality than quantity. I
don't sip whisky often but I drink it neat, and it's usually very
good stuff (cask strength preferred).