// Some bullet points describing myself
- I work at a large local software company in software engineering management. Working on complicated, impactful problems is pretty fun.
- I value intelligence; I'm analytical to a fault; I like to discuss philosophy and science.
- Sensitive, generous, compassionate, but also independent.
- Mostly patient, but sometimes a bit impulsive.
- Maturity and self-improvement are important to me. I'll probably always be working on this.
- I attended Burning Man for five years (2007 - 2011), for 3 of those years as a Ranger. I stopped going to make time to travel to other places in the world.
- Not kinky, but not bothered by kink.
- I like carbs, so if you are paleo that may be a challenge. Not a strict vegetarian, but cool if you are.
- Steeped in geek/sci-fi culture, but not overly so.
- I like outdoors. I have a boat and I like to scuba dive around Seattle and in BC. I like skiing and hiking.
- I do self-experiments sometimes. I've tried polyphasic sleep, raw foodism, and other various things when the fancy has struck me.
- I like electronic music, some classic rock, and some stuff in between. Not so into folk but I can see the appeal.
- I have some artistic aspirations. I recently started learning how to paint with an airbrush.
- I consider myself a futurist/transhumanist but I also appreciate old and venerable things, like proverbs, and clever ways to get things done without technology.
- I love gear. And office supplies. And the smell of books. And blinky lights. And trees. And planning things. And disregarding plans sometimes on the spur of the moment.
// What I'm looking for
I am seeking a "primary" partner, someone to cohabitate with and come home to, who I love, trust, and respect. I have my own interests and I need a certain amount of alone time, and I anticipate the same of my partner. At the end of the day, though, I look forward to catching up and weaving our separate adventures into a shared vision of the future. I want to build a relationship that is stable, long-term, committed, flexible, and drama-free. I want my primary relationship to be a base from which both of us are supported in making awesome happen in the world.
I am not opposed to the idea of open relationships (polyamory), done responsibly, but this is not a requirement for me personally. What is a requirement, is that my primary partner must be OK with my remaining at least friends with exes.
Specific list of desired qualities in a partner:
- Smart, creative, and motivated
- Takes care of, and values, his health
- Wants to constantly challenge and improve himself
- Likes to find new and different ways to do things. Doesn't mind being considered a bit strange.
- Has a big heart
- Atheist, agnostic, Deist, pantheist, or the like
- Politically moderate (social liberal is a must; fiscal conservative is a nice to have)
- Open and able/willing to trust
- Values honesty and transparency
- Appreciates a bit of silly and bizarre. Groks the ultimate absurdity of human existence and wants to form a deep friendship in which to share it.
I might want to have a kid. To me having the right partnership is a prerequisite. This is something we should talk about.
I don't know if a suburban lifestyle is for me. I live in an industrial area right now and it's pretty convenient. Intentional communities pique my interest. Also, I think I want my ideal living space to have a shop where random projects can be pursued. For example I built my first yurt in a second floor apartment where I had to drag my table saw out onto the concrete porch in order to use it. I'd rather have a suitable place to work. Hackerspaces are great but hauling projects to and from is not always feasible. I have not yet bought a house, in part because I still anticipate finding someone who might want to help pick it out.