Hi! I am a 30-something divorced mom with 5 year old twin boys, working four 10 hour days a week as a Medical Technologist.
I love science and geeky things, and would love to meet someone with the same interests. Some years back I played EQ2 hardcore for a few months, and although I do love gaming, I now settle for occasionally watching my kids play smash brothers on the WiiU while I play GoW on my Iphone. I have also played old school pen and paper D&D, and I generally find I have the most in common with those into sci-fi and gaming. I prefer to keep my schedule full between work and childish fun!
Currently my normal routine means besides work I get one free hour a night after the kids go to bed 4 days of the week, help out at their school on Fridays, and go to Six Flags/Stone Mountain/Legoland on the weekends.
I'm known to be laid back, so much people have even complained, but I am also someone who prepares for the future. I have savings and backups for my backup plans, which naturally includes not one but two back up hard drives for my kids digital pictures, and a small zombie apocalypse kit, just in case.
What I’m doing with my life
My alcoholic can't keep a job piece of shit ex left for his mistress 3 years ago, and man, was that a relief!!! Since then I lost weight, bought a house, and obtained a secure respectable job. I do have to drive the kids to see him once a month, but he certainly pays well for that privilege. If that sounds like drama, it really isn't. I'm one of the least dramatic people you'll ever meet over the age of 29.
I’m really good at
My main interests are:
1) Science. I have a BS and MS in Microbiology, and find theoretical physics pretty cool also. Also love animals.
2) Geekdom. It kind of goes with the science background, but I just love all things geeky. I was a hardcore MMO player for awhile, but don't really have the time for it these days.
3) Kids. With twin 5 year old boys it tends to be about the kids!
4) Being laid back. I get constant comments some positive, some negative, about how non worked up I get!
The first things people usually notice about me
My bright red hair, and talkative nature.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I love science fiction. Logan's Run is my current favorite movie.
For some reason no one EVER includes Logan's Run on their favorite
Sci-Fi movie lists. I do also like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and
Battlestar Galactica like every other geek in the known universe,
but Logan's Run is my current favorite.
The six things I could never do without
I have never seen anyone answer this question in a way that really lets you see into their character, so it seems rather pointless. Instead I will list 6 things that I really enjoy;
1) My twin boys
3) Sci-Fi and other geeky stuff
4) My car
5) Good conversation
6) The beach, Six Flags, Legoland, Stone Mountain.... Childish fun places in general.
7) The Internet. YouTube, Netflix, Hulu plus, Amazon (watching and shopping) Sling TV. Ok, yes, I like watching TV!
8) My phone. Yeah, it's my camera, my yellow pages, my mailbox, my watch... I've become a smart phone addict.
Oh crap, that's 8.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Of course there is always the day-to-day stuff that never seems to
get done, but I also like to take time to ponder less mundane
On a typical Friday night I am
At my kids basketball game. 10 weeks to go til the end of the season!!!
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I can't think of anything to put here that doesn't sound
You should message me if
You are interested in meeting and speaking geek over a cup of coffee! If you don't like coffee that's okay too, feel free to order something else. :D I think you need to meet in person to know if there is a real connection, and nothing wrong with making a new friend if the connection isn't there!