I'd much rather have met you when you dumped your drink on me in that crowded bar too, it's so much more romantic that way. But here, two lines in, you'll already know I'm way more the kind of guy you want to meet then that guy at the bar is. And why IS he hanging out there anyway? Player? Alcoholic? Musician?
Surely you've learned to avoid those by now. ;)
If you'd like, I suppose we could stage a "by chance" meeting at the Midtown Market or something. Hmmm....that might actually be fun.
THEN we can go do what we had planned.
Or..We could skip the pretense altogether and be direct and honest about why we're here.
Nah, nobody thinks that's hot.
So you probably shouldn't write me. I've already decided it wouldn't work out. I'm so over you. Whatever. I really didn't come here to meet anyone anyway. I'm just here for the tests.
You want to cuddle? Sorry, I'm way too busy. Why are you even reading this?!!!
OK, ok...write if you must...
but how can I be sure you're not just some 85 year old dude?
Really?...NOW you're interested???
Well, I suppose I could get to know you a little better.
(but if you ARE that dude, then you're buying!)
There's no need to be shy. We both know you're here to meet me. ;) I wouldn't even call it a date, cuz I was on my way out for coffee anyway.
And if that goes well, I suppose we could do it again.
THEN you can ask me on a date.
Don't know what to talk about? Here's some possible topics:
Why do you like to take pictures of yourself in the car?
Shouldn't you be paying attention to the road?
Why does intimidation come from violence and not cupcakes? Amazing cupcakes...Maybe it does?
You should show me your cupcakes and we'll see. :)
I'm talking about baking. What were you thinking about? ;)
A few things you'll want to know about me.
- I like to sing bad songs, badly.
- When you don't expect it, I might do something nice.
So don't be expecting it! ;)
(Any chance that will cover me, if I forget too, when you are?)
- I want us to have a secret language.
- I can usually tell when something is, or is not appropriate... ...usually.
Are you like that too?.....Then maybe we should get together.
Because I really couldn't hear you over the music when we met before.
Enough about ME. Here's how I feel about YOU.
- It's OK that you're hopelessly nerdy, even cuter when you're not trying, and have a common sense smarts.
I'm willing to accept you for who you are.
- You have a quirky fashion sense and you seem to know what
looks good on you.
(psst...it's your cashmere sweaters and mid-century aesthetic.)
- You know what "aesthetic" means. Or how to look it up.
- To you, fun isn't what your doing, it's who you're doing it with.
And for someone like that, I could manage to...
- put up with your cheesy romance and try
not to be embarrassed by your PDAs. (But keep trying!)
- be willing to make a "reasonable" number of appearances at
your family functions.
(Mostly so you'll have an excuse to ditch out early.)
- I'll drive, if you do the music.
(You know you don't HAVE to sing. Right? ;))
So now, you say something.