I do a lot of computer programming related things. It's more than a job to me; it's a hobby and a passion.
I also love swing dancing and blues dancing and go dancing several times a week.
I'm not much of a video gamer, but you could probably convince me to play something if you tried hard enough. :) I do enjoy chess and tetris quite a bit. I like photography, playing drums, meeting fun people, and learning interesting (sometimes useless) things.
I spend a lot of time learning new things. My current obsessions are linguistics (etymology), and a weird branch of math called "category theory."
I enjoy learning/practicing swing dancing, blues dancing, photography, guitar, drums and math.
I am also decent at learning new things fairly quickly, and sticking with something once I start learning it; writing (I particularly enjoy writing research papers, which is probably odd, but they often go much better than creative writing for me. I might be a bit of an academic.)
I'm working to be good at swing (Lindy Hop, Jitterbug, East-Coast Swing) and blues dancing. I don't know if I'm good yet, but I hope to be at some point -- I really enjoy it!
I generally like comedy or drama movies. I'm not really a fan of action or horror movies.
As far as books - I'm not really sure what I'd consider to be my favorite book as of right now. I mostly read nonfiction.
1. Technology/Computers; at least when they work. :)
2. Ideas and inspiration for new projects; I enjoy staying busy.
3. The ability to learn and be challenged; learning new math concepts or even just playing a game of chess is fun.
4. Travel - I like going on long trips.
5. The freedom to move around between projects. I don't like working on one thing for a large amount of time. I prefer moving around between many projects.
6. Off-by-one errors. Because otherwise I wouldn't be able to make this joke.
More seriously, I spend a lot of time thinking about how to improve myself. How to improve my study habits, how to be a better swing/blues dancer, how to more effectively learn about the things I find interesting.