A few PSAs:
1) If you're the type of woman that believes the man should do all the work & put forth all the effort in chatting & dating(initiating all conversations, doing all the talking, setting up all the dates, etc), keep it moving. Dating & chatting is a two way street & a team effort. Some men enjoy feeling wanted and being equally pursued also.
2) This is called a dating site, where you meet people to hopefully find a potential mate, maybe even that special someone, and for others, simply some good company(if only for an evening or two). With that being said, if you're interested in someone on a dating site, how will you know if there's any chemistry there if you don't eventually meet in person? Chances are, it's not gonna happen for you if you're determined to stay hidden behind a computer monitor or phone screen. So, if we start talking and do not set up a meeting within the first week or so to see if any chemistry is there, I will assume you're not really interested, so I will lose interest and move on.
3) Don't worry, I'm not the type to ask you for naked pics right off the bat, nor will I send any, and even though I believe that the physical aspect of a relationship is just as important as the mental, emotional & spiritual, I am not all about a one night thing. Don't get me wrong, I love it as much as the next guy, and if the opportunity presents itself while I'm single & the attraction & chemistry are there, I would definitely consider, however that's not ALL I'm about. I'm at the point in my life where I'm ready to share my life & build with someone, and not even sure if this is the place to find it, but hey, worth a try, huh? P.S. If you do decide to message me, be sure to let me know your intentions so we will be on the same page. I'm open minded, I promise :)
4) Since children seem to be a dealbreaker for a lot of women, let me put this out there.....I have four beautiful children, 3 from a previous '90s marriage, and 1 more from a previous relationship. They do not live here in Asheville, but I am still in their lives and take care of them, and I have no drama from the exes. If that's not an issue for you, feel free to message me.
5) If most of your free time/weekends are spent in a bar or club getting plastered, we are definitely not a match(I already know that slims my chances of finding someone local since I live in beer city, but I'm tired of meeting women who only want to party every free chance they get...). I'm looking for someone who has outgrown all of that, but still knows how to have fun and has a great sense of humor with a goofy side...major plus on the goofy side, because I definitely have one as well when I warm up to you. I want to meet someone who would rather have plenty of one on one time getting to know each other than meeting at a bar or party within the first few dates.
Now, if you're still reading & interested, I've been out of the dating scene for a while, and obviously have no clue what I'm doing because it seems dating has changed profoundly over the years. I'm happy with my life & who I am, it would just be nice to have a snuggle buddy, and someone special to share my life & build with. I was not blessed with the "gift of gab", I'm actually pretty shy until I warm up to you a little. I'm a guy who doesn't follow trends & pretty much walks to the beat of my own drum. I do not listen to today's hip hop, use terms like "swag, turnt up, or yolo", and I do not fit the thug stereotype of the black male so if that's what you're looking for, I'm not the one. I'm a Libra so I'm always looking for balance, and I'm very laid back & avoid drama and negativity by any means necessary. Not into the bar/club scene(unless its a jazz or comedy club, or supporting my musical family), that's never really been my thing...I would rather snuggle up on the couch on a weekend, or take a nice scenic drive or walk, go bowling, dine out, check out live music, or shopping(even if its just window shopping). I'm just looking to meet people for now & see where it goes....if it turns into something more serious, that would be great...ultimately I'd like to find the right one to settle down & build a future with, but until I find that special someone, I'm not against having some fun as a single guy if you know what I mean:)
I realize it takes time to get to know someone, and to find the one that's right for me. I'm looking for someone who still likes the little things, holding hands, cuddling, stimulating conversation, cooking together, taking walks, and the butterflies you get when you do all those things. I'm also a sucker for a good kisser ;) looking for someone who realizes a relationship is a 50/50 team effort, and can understand & deal with the life of a musician complete with the ups & downs. Straight forward honesty is required.