So, this is OkCupid. Heard about it before, thought I would give it a shot. As it should turn out, I am simply testing the waters here. Looking mainly for friends or gym buddies lol.
First, I believe in God. I believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If you don't that's cool, I'm not going to harass you about it or tell you why I think I am right, because honestly who am I to judge? With that said, I just ask the same in return, don't preach your religious views to me and why I shouldn't have faith...etc.
If you cannot stand video games, then we probably won't get along too well. I have loved them since growing up, and continue to this day. Now I don't enjoy PC games too much, and I don't think I could play them 24/7 like some do, so before you put me in 'that' category, don't. I do have an outside life too. :) Though, I love how some people list that as a sign of being immature or "not moving on in life." Really? Explain that one to me. I'll laugh at you. I enjoy playing them on occassion when I get some free time.
I updated this again recently because I have made several advances in life and I thought it would be good to show that. If the update date appears to be a few months old or whatever, feel free to request a profile update from me. I will definitely fix it. I don't use this site proactively so it can certainly happen. I am a very laid back guy, and I'm a spontaneous person who loves many different things about life. It's all about the small things in life that truly make me happy.
I have 2 pets: 2 cats which I am very fond of. One of them is a boy kitten and he is crazy! I listen to rock music constantly, although in the past year I have really opened up my interests and I have to say I am glad I did. I have a recent acquired love for techno, electronic, and songs of that nature that just sound awesome. I try to emulate what I hear onto my piano keyboard just so I can say I am good at it lol. I love making music and little things here and there. I would like to pursue this so if you are good at Guitar and/or Keyboard/Piano, that's a huge plus.
I have recently become addicted...to the gym. I looked at myself one day and couldn't stand what was looking back at me in the mirror. So I decided to join a gym and have so far (about 5 months now) have stuck to the plan. I don't plan on stopping, because it really does make me feel good to get a good workout in. I have found though that when I go with friends, it makes it easier and you forgot about staring at the time on the treadmill. The more the merrier.
Music-wise, my ALL time favorite band is Cold, mainly because of Scooter Ward. If you knew me, you'd know I am probably unhealthily obsessed with this band. If you do not know who they are, please give them a listen. Scooter Ward is just this massively inspiring being that helps me through events and things of that nature with his music, and his deep lyrics are really something that just wow me when I listen to him sing. He is the sole reason I ever took an interest in attempting to make music. I'm not great at it at all, but I still love doing it. The Killer And The Star is his side project, and they are awesome as well. If you know (and especially like) either of them, kudos.
I recently graduated a technical school called ITT Technical Institute, and earned an Associates degree in Information Technology: Computer Networking Systems. I graduated with a 4.0 and numerous honors at the top of my college class.
Since graduating in September, I was hired by Comcast as a advanced solutions representative which is a call center job. So far I am loving the job and the many benefits that come with it. My goal now is to move up within the company, and pursue any further education that may be needed to do so. I'm always looking for anything to better myself or put myself in a better position.
Prior to my new position I used to also work at the Mellon Arena which eventually was transferred over to the Console Energy Center and I also worked for Heinz Field I really loved working at the Arena, hated the new place.
For the most part I like keeping myself busy, but not 'too' busy. Work already takes up about 60% of my time and I can't imagine doing anything else in the meantime. I have to leave time to hang out, work on my hobbies, etc. Basically I am saying I make time for people, things, etc. Some of the profiles I read on here are mind-baffling in that regard. You want a relationship but you don't have time for a relationship? Hmm.
I love socializing and I try to enjoy the time I get to spend with people. Sports certainly help the socializing aspect a bit, because I am a huge fan of watching hockey and football. I could talk forever about sports, computers, etc.
Matching Criteria: I really have to do this based on some of the replies I have gotten and I just wish to prevent those types of messages down the road. Please do not take offense to these, though if you do, there's not much I can do for ya. These are the sub-par situations that would pretty much prevent me from matching with someone. Don't blame me (and don't message me disputing these, I will ignore it) for having standards, because everyone does. I just figured it benefits any and all parties involved to know mine ahead of time.
1. First, If you already have at least 1 kid and are looking to match, then I ask to please keep looking elsewhere. We can be friends if this is the case, I have no problem with that. I am just not ready/not at the point in my life where I want to be looking after a kid. I have thought about it many times over before but it just doesn't seem naturally right in my mind, that's really all I will say about that. That's not to say that I do not like kids, because I love them. I am just in no position to be raising a kid right now, especially one that's not even mine. I have been careful enough on my own to make sure that hasn't happened.
2. If you smoke, I'll be honest, it's a pretty big turnoff for me. I grew up around smokers, I don't enjoy inhaling it, my clothes smelling like it, etc. I've never smoked a day in my life and I will keep it that way. Now I won't turn you away if you smoke, I just merely prefer you didn't. This obviously includes pot, I don't know why anyone would think that it wouldn't... but I have had several people asking this. But figured I would add it anyways..
3. ANY kind of non-prescription drug-using is an instant good-bye, I am not messing around with that.
4. If you drink that's fine, there isn't much wrong there, but if you get to the point where you get drunk and drunk constantly, that crosses the line. Personally, I don't see the fun in getting drunk/wasted/smashed or partying constantly; it only seems to be a waste of someone's life. As you can probably guess I am not one for the typical "party" scene, I find it rather redundant and generally dissatisfying. Certain parties are okay, but if all that's there are drunks, count me out.
5. It is a turn-on at least from an intellectual standpoint when you opt to use proper grammar (now I didn't say "perfect," but 'wEn u b tYpInG li3k dIs,' I usually don't bother communicating).
I'm not trying to turn people away from making this "list," although it feels like I am in a way. (and I probably am, but in some cases probably not a bad thing) I'm honestly a nice person to get along with once you get to know me.
I am intelligent, random, sarcastic, funny, and creative. Idk why this is at the end, I guess they changed the site recently...haha. :P
As you may have read before, I also work at Consol Energy Center and at Heinz Field for the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Pittsburgh Steelers. It pays decently enough to get what I need for now, the extra money really helps.
B) There are SO many movies to even start listing. However, with that being said, my all time favorite actor is Al Pacino. He just plays his roles extremely well, and I admire that. It sometimes reminds me of my own dedication to things.
C) Metal, Rock, and Alternative music are all genres that I grew up with, so I love it. Techno and electronic are genres I have recently grown to like quite a bit. My absolute favorite band is Cold as I mentioned before, because of the vocalist Scooter Ward. It's very cliche for an avid Cold fan to say how much of a positive influence he is, but that's just the kind of man he is. I'd recommend listening to his music before you have any conflicting comments.
D) Italian food and chinese food! I could live off of both of these if that wasn't a fallible diet. Oh...and I love Iced Coffee.....like...obsessed.
If you don't plan on carrying out a conversation with me or you keep giving 1 word replies, then please don't message me, or in some cases STOP messaging me. You're wasting both of our times.
If I message you, it would be nice to get a response, "interested" or not. I understand people are busy and I by no means sit here and press the refresh button every 5 seconds, but 2-3 months without a reply is nonsense. You can tell me you're not interested, that's fine, at least you're honest. We can still be friends if we don't match, I don't really care. Just don't ignore my message al-together. That shows no respect. Just asking for a little courtesy, that's all!!
Finally: Don't be shy!! :] I would love to chat sometime.