Find better matches with our advanced matching system
26 • F • New York, NY
- Last Online
- Online now!
- 5′ 9″ (1.75m)
- Body Type
- Atheism, and somewhat serious about it
- Leo, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Banking / Finance
- Rather not say
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids, and doesn’t want any
- Likes dogs and has cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Poorly)
As far as my job, I work as a quant/trader for a finance firm doing high frequency trading. Basically what this means is I write computer programs that buy and sell stocks to make money. It's a mix of mathematics, trading strategy, and software development. The challenge is rewarding to me, I'm always learning new things, and I have a lot of respect for my colleagues. I definitely disagree with what Michael Lewis has to say about HFT.
Counting cards. Think Zach Galifianakis in the Hangover without the unnecessary Fourier transforms floating around my head. And I look better doing it. I've been kicked out of more than half the casinos on the strip.
Cooking. More of an occasional hobby than a routine lifestyle thing. I recently made some phenomenal confit pork belly. Fat makes things taste good.
Throwing parties. Walking the fine line between getting people happy drunk and having them puke in the bathroom.
Taekwondo (I used to compete in college, but I stopped a couple years ago after an ACL tear just before my black belt test. Now I'm doing crossfit, but I leave TKD here because it explains the username).
Brain teasers. Try me.
My regular expressions are almost always correct on the first try.
I don't watch a lot of movies or TV. My current shows are Game of Thrones and House of Cards. My roommates and I watch Jeopardy together and compete to answer the questions.
For food, I try to cook at least a couple times a week, but that doesn't always happen. Mostly I try to follow a paleo style of eating (lots of meat and veggies), with an emphasis on organic and local. When I cook for other people, I tend to get carried away making everything elaborate. I love Korean and Mexican food, and I like going to the great restaurants in NYC and other cities I visit (if I had to pick favorites, I'd probably say Eleven Madison Park and Arzac). I'm currently in love with a hole in the wall Brazilian place in Astoria. I'm also really into wine - I've gone through a good amount of dry riesling recently.
- Friendly animals. Dogs in particular. My roommates' cat is an inferior substitute, but it works for now.
- Interesting problems to solve. I'm always trying to think about ways to improve an algorithm or solve a math problem. I'd rather do a crossword or a nonogram than play flappy bird.
- Goals, ambitions, plans, challenges. I'm happiest when I'm motivated by something. If I'm not working toward a goal, I feel lost.
- A Leatherman in my purse/pocket. This is useful way more often than you might think.
- Coffee. Lots of coffee.
- statistical models.
- cool start-up ideas that I'll probably never implement, and some that maybe I will.
- how to get a spring and summer off work to hike the Pacific Crest Trail
- should I get a dog?
- someone should write a Game of Thrones fanfic from the perspective of Littlefinger that reads like House of Cards.
- Guys who like girls
- Ages 26–34
- Near me
- Who are single
- For short-term dating
You like doing and accomplishing things more than hanging out on the couch.
You want to go on adventures and never settle down. You want to hike Vinson Massif and Olympus Mons.
You are smart and intellectual and passionate about something. You work on or read about cool stuff that you want to tell me about.
You aren't a bro. You don't have a clichéd American Psycho reference on your profile.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.