Find better matches with our advanced
41 • Fredericksburg, VA • Woman
I’m looking for
- Ages 37–51
- Located anywhere
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Online now!
- 5′ 4″ (1.63m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Christianity, but not too serious about it
- Taurus, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Politics / Government
- Strictly monogamous
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and dislikes cats
- English (Fluently)
Contrary to many people on dating sites, I am NOT "living life to the fullest." I would say I live life at about the 87.2% range; mostly because I like to sleep late sometimes, take long baths or just watch stuff on TiVo. Further, for those of you in the, "I'm so competitively active, I'll sleep when I'm dead," category, I'm probably not your girl. I'm plenty active, but I'm confident I would like to sleep at some point before I'm dead. Once I'm dead, I won't be sleeping because I'll be busy being dead; however, you're going to get there before I do because not sleeping will eventually kill you.
All of those "fullest lives" and non-sleeping people must be terribly exhausted. I would like to feel sorry for them but that might knock another percentage off of my "living life" scale, so they're on their own.
I AM, however, "fun-loving." Really? Is this saying necessary? Who DOESN'T love fun? Perhaps some just mildly enjoy it. I appreciate fun the way a proctologist appreciates a good pair of gloves...or maybe just one glove.
Also, just like the other 100% of people on this site, I am very "down-to-earth," but only because the law of gravity demands it. Otherwise, I might be "down-to-Uranus." That sounded way dirtier than I intended.
- Picking up my dog's poo, even when no one is looking.
- Writing stuff and a lot of it; most of which is spelled correctly and properly punctuated.
- I'm surprisingly adept at extemporaneous public speaking and I actually enjoy it.
- Sarcasm and inappropriate humor.
- I can remain eerily calm in the middle of a crisis and be the voice of reason.
- I don't suck at pool.
- Staying awake and staying asleep for really long periods of time. I do not have a natural circadian rhythm (i.e. body clock); therefore, I can stay up for three days or sleep for two if I choose to.
Magazines: The Economist, Foreign Policy, People, Foreign Affairs, Harvard Business Review. My guilty pleasure is the occasional celebrity gossip rag.
Movies: Blackhawk Down, Braveheart, If Lucy Fell, Legends of the Fall, Always, Last of the Mohicans, The Departed, Somewhere in Time, Children of Men, The Usual Suspects, Reservoir Dogs
Shows: Southland, Justified, The Glades, Sons of Anarchy, In Plain Sight, The Closer, Top Chef, Bent, The Newsroom (f'ing BRILLIANT dialogue), Hell on Wheels
Music: Just about everything except rap and metal. Favorite bands/artists are Nickelback, Train, Pink, Adele, Yiruma. I also have an appreciation for classical music as a result of playing in an orchestra a long time ago (the viola).
Food: I'm a sucker (and a swallower) for some nicely cooked dead cow. My tragic flaw is my tremendous aversion to seafood (all of it) and mushrooms. I am the only woman I know that doesn't care for chocolate and I hate diet food (due mostly to a weird allergy to NutraSweet). I'm a Pepsi chick (Coca Cola sucks ass!). ;)
"Isn't it funny how everyone in favor of abortion has already been born?"
"A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who has never owned a car."
"...suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."
2) A bathtub
3) Water to put in the bathtub and drink while I'm in the bathtub (totally different water, by the way)
4) Books to read while I'm in the bathtub
5) A DVR to watch stuff after I am out of the bathtub
6) Food to eat while I'm watching DVR stuff
However, I concede none of the above would be relevant without a computer and a high speed connection by which to answer this question. In truth, I have gone without most of the above for lengthy periods of time and I survived just swell.
- According to the previous question, it would appear I spend a lot of time thinking about bathtubs.
- Wolves. Seriously. I've been infatuated with them since I was a little girl. Still am.
- I also wonder why so many people on here who claim to have Masters and Doctorate degrees can't spell (which then makes me wonder where they got their alleged degree, so I can go there to get more of my own without really trying very hard).
- Sam Elliott's voice; it makes me want to eat beef for dinner, buy a Dodge truck, ride a horse bareback, become a slutty bouncer groupy and drink Coors beer while having sex in the OK Corral.
- Soul patches on guys' chins. Some men can really pull it off, but the rest just look like they have a tiny Hitler patch of pubic hair under their lip. Soul patches are to the mouth what pubic hair is to the vagina. Also, why do grown men wear skinny jeans?
- Thanks to the OK Cupid Slut Test, I am oddly conflicted by my score of (only?) 57%. On the one hand, I'm relieved to hear that I am not a complete and utter slut; on the other, I am slightly disappointed in myself and will resolve to elevate my percentage into the respectable upper 60's. ;o) All joking aside, how did a chick in New Castle who answered that she, "f*cked my sister's husband," only score a 46%?!
While this is not in any way a criticism of anyone's stated religious preference, I am somewhat bemused by some people's answer as, "Agnostic and very serious about it." Soooo, does that mean they're really certain about something they're essentially uncertain about?
I moved to Fredericksburg from Pittsburgh about seven months ago, though I am originally from Arizona. Like an idiot, I have spent much of my time at work or at parks with my mostly ungrateful dog, which I regret (the work part, not the dog part). Therefore, I have no idea where one would go to be occupied on a typical or atypical Friday night.
Okay, upon reflection, maybe a few....
- I suck spectacularly at small-talk and I have no desire to remedy this affliction. I find small-talk to be, uh, small; that's probably why they call it that. That said, I do recognize that it's a bit hard to avoid in the initial chatfest of the online want-to-be-dating pool.
- I floss in the shower. I find the act of flinging bacteria out of my mouth with a string less disgusting that way.
- I like Richard Marx's music. I think he's a magical musical wizard, with perfect clarity and occasional rasp to his voice.
- I can't help but to smile every single time I see fireflies/lightning bugs. They make me happy for some inexplicable reason.
-This one will understandably be a massive deal breaker for many of you (which is perhaps why I buried the lead waaaay down here): I cannot have children of my own. Therefore, if you feel a burning desire to see what your own sperm can turn someone else into (other than a crazy ex-girlfriend and the occasional dry cleaner), I am not your best receptacle. I do love children, though, so if you already have children or would be open to adoption someday, I'm still a good bet. Or, if you would rather spend the rest of your days encumbered only by a loyal woman, but without kids, I'm alright with that as well. On the bright side, I will never have stretch marks and my hips and other valuable anatomical parts get to remain pretty much how they look right now forever (hopefully). ; )
- I pride myself somewhat on not being an overly emotional or dramatic person; however, I often cry when I hear taps or see someone on a ventilator, even if it is fictional on television. I have been in the presence of too many flag draped coffins and spent two weeks too many watching my mother in a coma to not be severely moved by even the merest inference of either event.
- Once in a while, until my Mom passed away, I used to call her on my birthday and say, "Happy Birthday!" The first time I did it, she thought I confused our birthdays because they were within the same week. The second time I did it, she asked why. It was because she birthed me and I would like to think she was happy about it at the time. Now, I do it to my Dad, but it just doesn't have the same flair since I didn't fall out of his penis. On second thought, I guess I sort of did.
Clearly, someone who enjoys reading is desirable (for those of you who actually read this far in my ginormous profile). More important than aesthetics is a guy with a gut-busting sense of humor who can make me giggle on a bad day and snaugh (snort-laugh) on a good one. Someone who laughs often & easily and is not readily offended or consumed by what other people think of him. Would you make an arse out of yourself in public just to see your girl laugh? While I do not prefer a man who is uber-sensitive like a little girl, I do greatly appreciate a thoughtful and romantic one (which is not the same thing as being sensitive like a little girl). Essentially, be a man and treat me like a girl (even though I might have a potty mouth sometimes and beat you in pool).
I guess I'm looking to find the pearl inside life's stinky oyster...or BE the imperfect pearl in someone else's shell. The last guy I dated didn't ask a single question about the photographs on my wall or about the scars I've earned (literally and figuratively) and he showed little interest in exploring who I am and how I became this way. There's a natural curiosity that comes with being genuinely into someone and I would like it if someone had that curiosity about me outside of the physical realm or in the mere effort of getting to the physical. I heard a song lyric recently that is unfortunate but true...sometimes the one you would take a bullet for is the one behind the trigger. I'd like to find the person that would never put me in front of the gun to begin with.
Finally, one e-mail indicates interest; two e-mails indicates persistence; twelve or so e-mails is kind of creepy and e-stalkerish. If a girl hasn't responded to your first half a dozen e-mails, it becomes increasingly likely she won't respond to any of the next dozen you send to her, unless it is, of course, to ask you to stop.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.