Once, a friend with severe arachnophobia told me that her husband left her car windows open, allowing a spider to crawl inside. I replied that she should bake the spider into a cupcake, so her husband can FEAST ON HIS CRIMES.
So yeah...that's the kind of person I am. Hello!
Seven-plus years in Richmond, most of which have been spent in the Fan. You might remember me from instances such as, "Oh hey, it's that guy with the beard I saw in Joe's Inn/Garnett's/Lamplighter/etc. that one time".
I just moved across the river and while it's kind of a food desert, living closer reminds me of growing up on the water (the James is a poor substitute for the Chesapeake Bay, but it's something).
What I’m doing with my life
I work at a local university. Beyond that, I have a couple of side-projects that give me an opportunity to write, which is what I really love to do.
I’m really good at
Writing, explaining things, dry/glib comments, walking, walking
while chewing gum, cooking things on the second try (first try is
usually a crap-shoot).
The first things people usually notice about me
That my hair/beard/glasses combo causes me to strongly resemble someone you already know (as well as 50% of Richmond's adult male population). Sorry, I'm not him. No, it's okay, I get that all the time.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I'm leaving this deliberately blank (well, blank besides THIS). I prefer learning about someone's tastes in movies/books/etc when we're face-to-face. Later, we can arm wrestle over our differences.
The six things I could never do without
- Glasses (literally blind without them)
- iPhone (an excellent rectangle)
- Coffee (just hook it up to my veins)
- Heavy things (to pick up, and then put back down)
- Chuck Taylors (red laces optional)
- More coffee (seriously, just give me the IV already)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
-How much I hate running
-How amazing I feel AFTER I run, which is why I keep trying it
Plus about 1,000 other things depending on the time of day.
On a typical Friday night I am
That depends on how much Vitamin E I can get my hands on!
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
You should message me if
- You enjoy working out and/or need a workout buddy.
- You know where that "Vitamin E" line comes from and can respond with a line of your own.
- You're making a short film about beards and want to film a close up of mine. This is seriously a thing that has happened to me before.
- The ice stone has melted!