Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
• single, never married, no children
• I want and need a good woman in my life- I'm tired of the dating
scene and the loneliness of traveling on the road for work
• my career and passion is tied to the wind: my job is wind energy
development; outside of work, I am an avid sailor
• relocated to Houston in August 2013 from Boston, Massachusetts
(can you say culture shock)
• as of April 2015, I spend my workweek in Little Rock, Arkansas
and weekends sailing in Galveston Bay, Texas
• born and raised in suburban Boston, Massachusetts; family is all
in New England
• educated in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and the United
• extensive travel experiences across the United States (all 48
continental states), Atlantic Canada, United Kingdom, European
continent (12 countries), and India
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
• I spend everyday dealing with the wind: my profession is
developing wind power, and my passion is sailing
• I sailed competitively when I lived in Massachusetts and now race
in Galveston Bay sailing regattas
• I'll eventually move back to New England, but for now am
developing the skills to get to next level in my career in
renewable energy development, and Houston is the best place to do
• work out daily at the gym
• starting to learn golf
• beyond outdoor activities and sports, enjoy travel,
arts/culture/museums, history, and city life
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
making mistakes, but admitting them. Without sounding too bravado,
nothing intimidates me. I've enjoyed both great success and
failure, and maintain an even keeled disposition regardless
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
smile and full head of hair (nice compliments at my age)
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
• Movies: generally, action/adventure, mystery/suspense, and
comedy; occasionally, avant garde, foreign, and documentary; James
Bond, Jason Bourne, Batman, Godfather series
• Television: The Americans; Mad Men; Breaking Bad; 24; Magnum,
• Music: American jazz, bluegrass, rock & roll; reggae;
Grateful Dead; Phish; Allman Brothers; Miles Davis; John Coltrane;
Bob Marley; Neil Young; Bob Dylan
• Art: Impressionism; abstract expressionism; nature and sailing
photography; Bauhaus architecture, Frank Lloyd Wright
• Sports: New England Patriots; Boston Red Sox; Boston Bruins
• Food: all kinds
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
1. oxygen/air & water
4. ocean/wind, tide, & waves
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
• "Love is the sea where the intellect drowns"-- Rumi
• "I rise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save)
the world and a desire to enjoy (or savour) the world. This makes
it hard to plan the day."-- E.B. White
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
I'm flying back from Little Rock to Houston. I take the same flight
every Friday. In my ideal vision, you are waiting for me when I
I don't have a lot of time to date so I spend it wisely.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
• you are looking for a loving authentic relationship based on
trust and reciprocity and guided by common interests and values,
especially sense of humor, physical activity, fitness, travel,
adventure, and desire to make an impact in the world
• you are strong willed, passionate, thoughtful, and genuine. I am
not intimidated by a driven woman; in fact, quite the opposite- I
hope to find one. Go ahead, make the first move-
• you are tired of the bullshit and want something real and
• you appreciate or are involved in sailing, golf, or other active
pursuit (tennis, yoga, pilates, etc)
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.