- Currently I am working as a researcher. I am one year away from getting my doctoral degree in computer science. Math and logic have been inseparable parts of my life, and I have always enjoyed the world of Greek letters and mathematical equations. However, my true passion is literature. I really enjoy reading and writing. I have the habit of reading before going to sleep and there is always a book I am working on. I mostly read philosophical novels and psychology. I am a big fan of Milan Kundera and I have read his masterpiece “unbearable lightness of being” couple of times. Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre, Nikos Kazantzakis, and Haruki Murakami are my other favorite authors, and I can say their books have influenced my life philosophy a lot.
- I like to keep balance in my life in every aspect. I try to eat healthy (most of the time, I like junk food and I try every now and then), and I go to gym 3-4 times a week. Nothing is more relaxing to me than taking a long walk and think, or taking a long walk with a friend and talk about everything. I also enjoy outdoor activities, I never miss a chance to go for a hike with a group of friends.
- I like to travel and I am always planning where to travel next. I like to meet new people, listen to their stories, and learn about their culture. I enjoy learning new languages as I believe each language is a window to a new world.
- I have a sweet tooth. I am coffee addict. Also a dark chocolate addict.
- I am an introvert. I like to meet people and socialize, but I also need my space to sort out my thoughts and do things I like to do on my own.
A little bit on my view of life, or in other words, where I am standing:
I am aware that there are so many things I don’t know, and that as a human being, I am limited in many ways. I can only live my life as who I am. Nevertheless, I like to see the world from other people’s point of view and understand them. I like to “climb into their skin and walk around it”. I like to explore the world, to learn from other people and their experiences, and to make my life more fruitful.Yet I know that there are many things I can’t understand, and probably would never be able to understand. Then, the only thing I can do is to try harder and respect the differences. I like to keep open-minded and I am not afraid of admitting my own mistakes. I dislike aggressive and intolerant people, ones who lack imagination, arrogant people who are hundred percent sure of their own beliefs and feel superior to others. I am more fond of mature people who leave room for doubt in their minds for everything. As Voltaire says “doubt is unpleasant, but certainty is ridiculous”.
I like to think about the future and have an idea of where I am heading. Yet I keep it flexible and update my plan while I am expanding my thinking horizons. I don’t take life too seriously, I seize every opportunity to be happy. I never miss a chance to have a good laughter, to enjoy my time with people I love. Life is short and no one knows what future would bring. So I always do my best to enjoy the process, not to just run from one achievement to another.