- I was two years old when my mom was diagnosed with my twin brother and sister. I already had an older brother. So my fate was to live the tough life of a middle child. But now that I look back, going through the hardships and struggles for living and survival that a middle child has to face taught me a lot of valuable life lessons. I learned how to get along with people and how to negotiate. I learned how to be contented with what I have, how to be patient, and how to plan ahead and work hard to get what I want. To wait for my older brother to leave the house and then sneak to his room to play his video games. To give moral lessons every now and then and make them feel guilty. To teach math to my younger brother, and to always be the ‘Mr. Right’ and drive my sister crazy. Writing this made me miss all those good days.
- Currently I am working as a researcher. I am working on getting my doctoral degree in computer science. Math and logic have been inseparable parts of my life, and I have always enjoyed the world of Greek letters and mathematical equations. However, my true passion is literature. I really enjoy reading and writing. I have the habit of reading before going to sleep and there is always a book I am working on. I mostly read philosophical novels and psychology. I am a big fan of Milan Kundera and I have read his masterpiece “unbearable lightness of being” couple of times. Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre, Nikos Kazantzakis, and Haruki Murakami are my other favorite authors, and I can say their books have influenced my life philosophy a lot.
- I like to keep balance in my life in every aspect. I try to eat healthy (most of the time, I like junk food and I try every now and then), and I go to gym 3-4 times a week. Nothing is more relaxing to me than taking a long walk and think, or taking a long walk with a friend and talk about everything. I also enjoy outdoor activities, I never miss a chance to go for a hike with a group of friends.
- I like to travel and I am always planning where to travel next. I like to meet new people, listen to their stories, and learn about their culture. I enjoy learning new languages as I believe each language is a window to a new world.
- I have a sweet tooth. I am coffee addict. Also a dark chocolate addict. 9gag fan (who doesn't like to laugh?).
- I am an introvert. I like to meet people and socialize, but I also need my space to sort out my thoughts and do things I like to do on my own.
A little bit on my view of life, or in other words, where I am standing:
I am aware that there are so many things I don’t know, and that as a human being, I am limited in many ways. I can only live my life as who I am. Nevertheless, I like to see the world from other people’s point of view and understand them. I like to “climb into their skin and walk around it”. I like to explore the world, to learn from other people and their experiences, and to make my life more fruitful.Yet I know that there are many things I can’t understand, and probably would never be able to understand. Then, the only thing I can do is to try harder and respect the differences. I like to keep open-minded and I am not afraid of admitting my own mistakes. I dislike aggressive and intolerant people, ones who lack imagination, arrogant people who are hundred percent sure of their own beliefs and feel superior to others. I am more fond of mature people who leave room for doubt in their minds for everything.
I like to think about the future and have an idea of where I am heading. Yet I keep it flexible and update my plan while I am learning new things. I don’t take life too seriously, I seize every opportunity to be happy. I never miss a chance to have a good laughter, to enjoy my time with people I love. Life is short and no one knows what future would bring. So I always do my best to enjoy the process, not to just run from one achievement to another.