New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
38 • San Mateo, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 25–42
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Today – 3:43pm
- 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Body type
- Graduated from masters program
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- English, French (Fluently), Spanish (Okay)
- I've called the Bay Area home since 2000, after stops in Ohio, China, and New York.
- I grew up in France, but I'm not French.
- I've done, and occasionally do, all the stereotypical Bay Area OKC guy stuff (hiking, rock climbing, dancing salsa, playing guitar) but I've never been to Burning Man, and don't plan on it either.
- I love animals (they taste delicious!)
- I love kids (they taste delicious!)
- I sing/hum in the shower and beatbox everywhere else
- I constantly have a string of completely unrelated songs or pieces of music that play in succession in my head (earworm non sequiturs?)
- I have an adorable niece and an equally adorable nephew who keep me grounded and are the best antidote to ridiculous grownup concerns. If ever I'm feeling down, I just think about them and it puts me in a good mood.
- I have no tattoos.
- I am intrigued by Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (youtube it; it's amazing stuff).
- I'm a fan of inappropriate jokes (think Louis CK).
- I've been known to salsa dance -- sometimes without stepping on my partners' feet.
- I'm a huge soccer fan, so I was in heaven during the World Cup.
My musical tastes are all over the place: Jazz, old school hip hop, bossa nova, rock, metal, classical, ambient kazoo music. Favorite artists include: Tomatito, Talking Heads, Miles Davis, Django Rhinehart, Luscious Jackson, Kostars, Dusty Trails, Iam, MC Solaar, Ali Farka Toure, Manu Chao, Headhunters, DJ Krush, Amon Tobin, Zeppelin, Supertramp, Prokofiev, Bach, Beethoven, Dave Brubeck, Serge Gainsbourg, Grant Green, Flying Lotus, Andres Segovia, Massive Attack.
I love comedy: Louis CK, Archer, Eddie Izzard, Reggie Watts, David Cross, Craig Ferguson, Daily Show, Colbert Report, Burning Love.
Movies: I love Almodovar and Hitchcock; I'm very fond of a bunch of weird French movies from my childhood (Le pere noel est une ordure, la grande vadrouille...), To Live, Lawrence of Arabia, North by Northwest, Amadeus, the Shawshank Redemption, Being John Malkovich, The Big Lebowski, Brazil... Too many to list!
Food: Most anything, except perhaps oysters. I'm learning to cook (hey, don't judge: Julia Child started cooking at 37).
You'll need a decoder ring.
I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, and I only drink occasionally. I'd prefer it if you didn't smoke (sorry, just not a fan of smelling like an ashtray, nor of kissing one).
A drink or two now and then is great, but if you find yourself needing to get inebriated in order to have a good time, we probably won't be a good match.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.