Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Originally from upstate NY, I lived in Boston before moving to SF
in 2000 when I discovered that winters are optional. Love it here
for the weather, proximity to fun getaway spots, and the quality of
people (both natives and transplants).
- Genuine, happy with my life, playful, hard working, self-aware,
- Athletic, youthful, motivated, family-oriented (so happy to have
two amazing siblings, parents and now nephews in my life)
- Constantly growing professionally and personally (had a blast
taking a cooking class, wine and/or photography class are
- Confident, humble, grateful, but always striving for the
- Social, reflective, inspired, inspiring (I hope)
- Eternally optimistic, experienced enough to be realistic (most of
- Not afraid of lists and spreadsheets
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
I work as a financial professional by day, caped crusader by
I love the flexibility that my job allows, and try to take
advantage with frequent weekend trips. 2013 was amazing with
Sundance and Australia/diving the Barrier Reef as highlights. 2014
targets: Thailand (and surroundings TBD), Hawaii, Breckenridge on
tap so far...
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
Being a good brother/son/friend, getting fun groups of people
together, being my nephew's favorite uncle, making good financial
decisions, seeing things from other people's perspective, fun
surprises, planning trips.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Tough one - but I'm usually smiling which often makes people wonder
exactly what it is I'm up to...
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Very wide range in all categories make me happy - here's a
- Michael Lewis (several), Confederacy of Dunces, Life of Pi, Game
of Thrones (even better than the show), Malcolm Gladwell, Band of
- House of Cards, Saving Sarah Marshall, Californication, Breaking
Bad, Options Action, Gladiator
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
- Family & Friends
- the sun & a body of water
- social interaction
- quiet time (not always the same as alone time)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- people's motivations regarding relationships, money and
- the latest happenings with my family
- the paradox of fate versus controlling your own destiny
(I believe that fate plays a part, but you absolutely need to take
an active role in making things happen)
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Wrap up work, exercise, happy hour, dinner/drinks with friends Or
well into an out of town excursion that I stole away for Thursday
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I was engaged at one point a few years ago - we've both happily
moved on, and it's allowed me to meet some amazing people since,
just not the one (yet...)
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
You're an amazingly quality person, rock solid and clear in your
direction but know how to have a good time along the way...
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.