Instead of writing an essay because that makes me feel like I'm in school, I'm going to make a list. I'm such a rebel!
- I have taught elementary school for the past ten years. I teach in a lower income area and love the impact I can have on my students.
- I live in a house with two roommates.
- I have a dog named Molly that I adore. She has been my friend through some very rough patches. Two months ago, I added a rabbit named Lily to our house.
- I have been a vegetarian for almost fifteen years. However, I do not care at all what you or anyone else eats. I've been told I grill a great burger! My sister jokingly refers to me as the grill master.
-I have one younger sister who is one of my best friends.
- I have six tattoos.
- I love to watch movies and will watch just about anything that has been recommended by a friend.
- I think the right song can heal your soul.
- I love math and science.
- Yes I have an iPhone and an iPad and yes I love them.
- I'm an avid reader, but randomly go months without touching a book.
- I enjoy irony and sarcasm and don't understand people who don't get it.
- I have attended Dragon*Con the past two years and already have a ticket for this year. I might actually dress up for the next one. I haven't done that yet.
- I'll add more as I think of it or you can just ask. :-)
Movies: Superhero movies (Superman, Batman, Avengers), Dead Poets Society, Star Wars (the original trilogy!), Star Trek, High Fidelity, Jim Carrey movies...
Shows: I don't actually have cable, but Netflix is my friend. I like watching Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, Smallville, Friends, and Cheers. I've watched two episodes of The Walking Dead and can't decide if I care enough to watch anymore.
Music: Safetysuit, Silverchair, Breaking Benjamin, Butch Walker, Bullet for my Valentine, Matt Kearney just to name a few.