Where to start? My life has been shaped by so many crazy-wonderful experiences. As a result, I am generally thankful and I care deeply about the well-being of other people.
I have an intense passion for learning and continuing to experience new things. I strive to enrich my own life and the lives of those around me. I find joy in meeting new people and learning from your experiences and points of view.
Let's get some of the embarrassing things out of the way.
- have sung Lady Gaga and Vanilla Ice in Karaoke.
- do NOT want you to smell my hockey equipment.
- have seen Mamma Mia (the live production) more times than I can count.
- have been to a Star Trek Convention.
- loosely identify with the "Jedi" characters on Men Who Stare at Goats.
- frequently participate in Rubik's cube contests with the software engineers at my office.
- am fascinated by almost everything.
And for some of the things I am proud of.
- consider myself a great dad.
- am a veteran (army infantry).
- have an BS in Electronics Engineering.
- routinely sell software to the largest advertisers in the world.
- can do pull-ups!
- can probably keep up with you in a distance run and can hold a decent conversation for the first ten miles.
A friend just informed me that one of the unspoken requirements of online dating is that your profile must state that you love to travel. Seems a little odd, doesn't it? Who doesn't love travel?
So with reluctance (and at the risk of sounding like bragging) here goes... When I was an exchange student in Helsinki, my instructors told me that they would give me an automatic passing grade on one condition - I must visit as many countries as possible during my semester in Europe. So I visited the UK, hitch-hiked around Scotland, went to Estonia, Latvia, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany (Oktoberfest opening day in Munich was crazy!), and the Netherlands.
Since then I have been hooked on travel, and have taken thirteen other international trips to Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East. Want to take a trip once we get to know each-other? Count me in!